14.

"I wish you had found yourself before you found me. I don't blame you for trying nor will I ever regret trying."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine's POV 

I slammed the door behind me as I walked out. What a night? Draco told me that he knew I was a vampire. He opened up to me. Then he hid from me again. 

I lost my mind waiting for him to make up his. 

My feelings went up and down. Anger boiled inside me. I couldn't count how many times I wanted to destroy him. The times I wanted to feed on him until his head was ripped off. 

But I couldn't bear hurting him.

Why was this?

What was this feeling?

The way my heart ached whenever offensive words left his mouth, the way my eyes only looked for him, only craved him.  

I walked downstairs, and the party was still going on. The music was still upbeat and hype. I tried to move without anyone noticing me. But everyone's eyes were on me. 

My ears focused on everyone's conversation,

"Draco and her must-have argued."

"He probably rejected her."

"Pathetic, she thinks she is something."

"Draco Malfoy interested in a Ravenclaw? She expects too much."

I tried my best effort to avoid every comment on me, tried to hide my face with my hand while I walked towards the door. And I bumped into someone. 

"Leaving so soon?" When I looked up, I could see Blaise staring at me, deadly.

I stayed still and silent. 

He held my wrist tight, even though it didn't hurt a bit, I had to act as it did. "Blaise. Stop it." 

"Your boyfriend humiliated me in front of everyone. Why not take revenge on you?"

"Blaise you are drunk and he is not my boyfriend!" 

"Yeah- sure." 

He got closer to me, leaning closer to my lips. I backed my face away but he forcefully held it back. Then a hand on Blaise's shoulder violently pulled him back and made it difficult for Blaise to find his balance.

"What are you doing here?" Damon concerningly asked. 

"Damon-" I couldn't help the tears forming in my eyes, "Damon get me out of here please." 

He shook his head, still concerned, and surrounded his arms around me. Everyone eventually backed away from us when Damon was involved. 

He knew so well that I was not someone who didn't like to talk about my problems. Especially not when I was at the edge of crying. 

So he didn't ask me a thing, he just made sure I arrived at the common room safely. 

"Good night Damon," I spoke as the door opened.