Laurent, wolves and Jake comes around to talk.

Laurent, wolves and Jake comes round to talk.

Elena's POV: (Opening thoughts)

Alice... things are... things are bad again. Bella and I had a big fight and without her and Jake... I just can't stand it... I don't see Edward anymore. But I really feel like he never existed. I will find the place where I can see him again.

*Elena Swan in new moon*

I had found it. The field I had laid down with Edward when I had first found out what he was. The moment I knew I loved him.

But it is different now. It is not how I remember. No flowers just grass that is rain soaked but also a dark green. Where is wasn't green the grass was yellow like straw. I cannot remember him in this field with the way it looks. I fall to the ground suddenly.

I give up. I am never going to see Edward again. My relationship with Bella and Jacob is probably ruined.

I stand back up after a minute. I am shocked when I see that I am not alone. Even more shocked that I know the olive-skinned man in front of me.

Laurent the vampire.

"Elena," he says gently.

I answer in a very shocked voice. "Laurent."

He is suddenly a lot closer to me.

"I didn't expect to see you here," he tells me. "I went to visit the Cullen's but... their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you behind. Aren't you sort of um... a pet of theirs?"

"Yeah," I say trying to keep calm as I don't like how close he is to me. "You could say that."

He is circling me now and I keep turning so I am still facing him. "Do the Cullen's visit a lot."

The mirage of Edward suddenly appears and I know its because I am in danger.

"Lie!" It orders me.

I gasp but decide to listen to it.

"Yeah absolutely all the time," I lie but I know its not convincing.

"Lie better." 'Edward' tells me.

"I'll tell them that you stopped by," I tell him as we continue to circle around and he keeps his red eyes locked with mine. "I probably shouldn't tell... Edward. Cause he's pretty protective."

"But he's far away isn't he?" Laurent says with his hands raised.

I decide to counter his question with one of my own. "Why are you here?"

"I came as a... favour to Victoria," he says to me.

I am shocked to hear the name of the woman who has a vendetta with Edward after he killed James.

"Victoria," I repeat her name. As far as I knew Laurent had abandoned Victoria and James to go and live with the other Vegetarian family the Denali's.

"She asked me to see if you were still under the protection of the Cullen's," he tells me and I begin to wonder why she would want to know that. "Victoria feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers, an eye for an eye."

"Threaten him," the voice tells me.

"Edward would know who did it," I point out even though it's a lie. "And he'd come after you."

He shakes his head mockingly. "I dont think I will. After all, how much could you mean to him, if he left you here unprotected. Oh, Victoria won't be happy about my killing you. But I can't help myself. You are mouthwatering."