Chapter 1

After what seemed like forever, I finally opened my eyes. No, I'm not alive. At least, I don't think I am. I look around and feel as if I'm in a small dark room. I saw a bright light and turned around. A guy stood at the door with a smile on his face. He holds his hand out, but I hesitate at first.

"Trust me." He says. I still hesitate but eventually grab it. All of a sudden, I feel a sharp pain in my arm. I look down and notice a purple stamp-looking thing. It disappears after a few seconds.

"What the-"

"Welcome to my club." He says with a grin on his face. He pulled me through the door, and it felt as if I stepped into a new world. I look around and see this mansion-looking place.

"Where am I?" I ask. I turn around and notice the guy has disappeared. What is going on? I walk around and try to find someone in the place. I finally see a couple walking towards me. "Oh, thank goodness. Can you tell me where I'm at-" I freeze as soon as I feel them walk right through me. Literally. What is going on? I walked up to another person, and the same thing happened. I look around more and notice a big sign. 'Hollywood Ghost Club'. Wait a minute, GHOST CLUB?! Oh no. Oh no-no-no-no. That can't be real! I am not a ghost! After a few minutes, I find an exit and run out. There is no way I'm a ghost. I guess I'll have to find out. I go to my friend Rose's house. I ring the doorbell, and she answers. "Okay, so I'm not going crazy. Good! Umm, hey! It's been a while! How have you been?"

"Hello?" She asks.

"Umm, hello. Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Is this a prank?" She asks with a confused look.

"Wha-No! It's me!" I yell.

"Honey, who is that?" A guy asks as he walks over to her.

"I don't know. Probably a stupid person who is trying to ding-dong ditch." She rolls her eyes.

"Ding dong ditch? Hello! I'm right here!" I shout.

"It might've just been a prank. It's getting cold out. You should head back inside." He says.

"Okay." She says as they head back inside. Wait, how did she not see me? I was shouting! Oh my god, that must mean. I am a ghost! What will I do now? How does this whole ghost thing work?!

I feel another sharp pain in my arm. Why is it doing that? There's only one thing to do. I head back to the club and look for the guy who caused this. The only problem is I don't know who that guy is. I'm sure it's the owner or some ghost. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been there. 

As soon as I enter, I hear music playing. Wow, it feels like it's been a long time since I've listened to music. I walk around until I stop and notice a band. As they start playing, dancers start running out from backstage. All of a sudden, a guy transports on stage. He must be a ghost too! I decided to sneak around to the door that leads backstage. Luckily, there were no security guards who caught me. I walk in slowly and look around. Why was it so empty? After the song ends, the lights go out. After a few minutes, they come back on, and I start looking around.

"Looking for me?" I froze for a second, then turned around. There he is. The guy I was looking for, standing right in front of me.

"W-Who are you?" I ask.

"Well, I can't give that away yet!" He chuckles.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Well, a lot of people might tell you things about me that aren't true. So until you get to know me better, I think it's safer to stay anonymous." He says.

"Okay? So then why did you get into this club?" I ask.

"Get into this club? Here's the thing, dear, I am the owner of this club!" He says with a grin on his face.

"Owner? Well, then how and why did I get into this club?" I ask with a surprised face.

"Well, you know you died. Because of that, you became a ghost. And you got into this club because I thought you were the perfect fit." He says.

"For what?" I sat there with a shocked face.

"Well, to be the lead singer of this club, of course!" He grins.

"Umm, I'm sorry. But I am not good enough to be the lead singer," I say nervously.

"Why would you think that?" He asks.

"Well, I wasn't necessarily in performances with my band. I was more of a helper for them when they were practicing." I answer quietly.

"Doesn't every band need a lead player, though?" He questions.

"Yeah, but-"

"You let your brother take the spotlight, didn't you?" He interrupts.

"H-How did you-"

"I'm a ghost. I can easily control- I mean- figure out what has happened to you." He interrupts again.

"I mean, yeah... I did. But that was so my brother could finally get a moment to shine." I say softly.

"But where was your moment?" I froze for a minute and looked down. "Exactly, which is why I chose you to be the lead. I know you have the capability to do this. But, of course, it is your decision too. I'll give you some time to think about it."

"Okay, thanks!" I get ready to leave but pause right away. "Wait, if you brought me here, then why do I have this stamp?" I pull my sleeve up and show the stamp.

"Ah, yes. That's just a reminder. To let you know that you have a decision to make. I tried not to make it so painful, but unfortunately, it didn't work out." He says hesitantly.

"So it'll go away when I make my final decision," I say.

"Yes." He says back.

"Okay, I'll think about it. Thank you for the opportunity!" I say enthusiastically.

"Anytime." I leave the club and start walking around the city. It feels so different being a ghost. I can do whatever I want without getting caught! Not that I'd do anything terrible.

I start to feel a shock in my stomach all of a sudden. That's never happened before. Usually, it's small. Was that guy telling the truth? I don't know whether to trust him or not. Especially since he won't even say who he is. Wouldn't someone have to be bad enough to use an excuse like that? But, what if he is a good person? What if he got treated terribly or people just misunderstood him? 

I mean, he did offer me a good position after all. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes. But should I take that position? Is it worth it to have the spotlight? Now that I think of it, I never got to do the one thing I was ready to do. And that's performing in front of a crowd for my senior year. 

That's why he chose me.

Because he knew my dream never came true. But I still don't get why he would put a stamp on my arm. And why do I feel shocked now? Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I find it so unusual. Oh gosh, I'm going crazy! I need to stop overthinking everything! 

I guess there's only one thing to do now. Maybe if I try to sing again, that'll help with my decision. Hmm, where should I practice? Wait, now that I'm a ghost, I think I know what to do. 

Go to the one place where everything started, the studio. 

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been awhile! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and let me know if you have any questions/suggestions!