᪥ Chapter Sixteen

Jaemin leads Jeno to the garden as he had an arm around the boy's waist keeping him by his side as if someone would snatch him away.

They head towards one of the garden benches near the fountain as it was thankfully cloudy outside and no one was around the area since they have other duties to do.

"Are you okay darling?" The crowned prince asked once they sat down beside each other and he looks at the royal servant's face.

Jeno blinked a few times before humming, "yeah, why do you ask?" He asked with his voice small whilst not making eye contact with his lover.

Jaemin sighed, "you're not looking at me sweetheart, and you're suddenly quiet. Is everything alright? You can tell me anything darling, no pressure," he rambles reassuring his lover.

The younger swallowed dryly, "w-what do you mean? Everything is fine Jaem," he mumbles still not looking at the elder's eyes, afraid on what's happening right now.

"No it's not Jeno, I know you. We both know we have to do something here, and we both came here to have a talk." Jaemin stated sternly before adding,  "and I want to know the truth now."

"What truth?" Jeno blurts out biting his lip harshly and swallowing down his upcoming sob.

"The truth Jeno, you know what I'm talking about. We even had an agreement that you'd tell me about it later on, and this is the right time. My mother gave us this spare minutes as a chance," Jaemin said.

When the younger didn't say anything and his shoulders only shook, the crowned prince got worried and gently took the boy's hand in his. "Dotori?" He called softly.

Once he said that, Jeno bursted into tears as he went in to Jaemin's arms crying on the elder's chest with his whole body shaking and the only sounds he had let out were sobs.

Jaemin's heart broke at the sight of his beloved bawling his eyes out as he clutched on to his once– smooth royal clothes like he's afraid to let go.

"Hey shhh, calm down baby, I'm right here. Take deep breaths okay?" He whispered hugging the younger tightly in his arms and caressing his back.

Jeno hiccups and wails as he kept holding onto his lover by the boy's clothes. "I- I-" he stutters unable to speak properly from his breathing and hiccups along with his sobs.

"I- I'm s-sorry Nana!" He lets out crying even harder, feeling so overwhelmed and stressed out.

The elder shushes him and kissed his head lovingly, "for what darling? You didn't do anything wrong," he said confused at the sudden apology.

Little did he know, his last sentence was quite the opposite for Jeno with the latter feeling even more guilty about the reason of his apology.

"I-I've been hid-hiding s-stuff from y-you!" The royal servant blurts out with Jaemin raising a brow at his words pausing his actions for a moment.

Feeling the crowned prince's pause of his actions, Jeno became scared feeling like he just made the elder angry or if he ruined everything for the both of them.