.chapter 2.

Katerina's POV

We finally pulled up to the hotel as I paid for the taxi, grabbed our bags, and walked into the hotel.

"Hello ma'am Welcome to the WaterEdge Hotel, How may I help you tonight?"

"Hello, Can I get a one-bedroom for 4 nights?", I don't know if I should risk wasting the money since I still need stuff for Nico but I need to make sure she is safe, So I paid and walked up to the room to wash up me and Nico and then I fed her and put her to bed. Then got myself ready for Bed but now since I didn't live close to Alice I have to wake up earlier to drop off Nico as I work for the day.

-A few hours later"

My stupid alarm woke me up but now it was time to get ready as I checked my phone I saw over 30 texts from Sebastian and he was clearly upset but it is too late now I blocked his contact and went to go get ready.

I managed to, Shower, Do my hair and makeup, and get dressed, All before Nico woke up but the peace was gone when I heard Nico crying and I rushed over to feed her and get her ready and her bag ready for the day Then we started making our way to Alice's Home.

When we get there the first thing she noticed was my black eye and bruised nose as she pushed me inside her house and put Nico in the Playpen with Rosario who still had his bed Hair.

Alice walked up to me and I Rushed to the front door to go to work but before I walked out I told her "Listen listen I know that you wanna know what happened but please I will tell you after I finish work, You will be proud of me I promise you" I told her with a big smile as I put on my hoodie and Hurried to Work so that he wouldn't catch me I cannot risk it Right now but Thank god I made it to work just fine.

"¿KATERINA DIOS MIO QUE TE PASO?"
(Katerina my god what happened to you?)
Alexandra yelled at me as she rushed over from behind the counter to observe my new bruises since she knew about Sebastian and what he would do to me, I grabbed her hands in mine and told her

"Alexandra Estoy bien, me escapé de él, Nico y yo estamos bien"
( Alexandra I am Fine, I escaped from him, I and Nico Are fine)

As soon as I said those words she looked at me as if she has seen a ghost and started tearing up as she hugged me and I hugged her back

"I know Alexandra, Finally"

We finished Hugging and started opening up the Café.

My mom and Alexandra had a pretty unique taste in the interior because the whole cafe was covered from top to bottom in plants and vines. Pretty much it was a modern cafe and they called it the Greenhouse cafe I mean it suits the cafe, It suits the aesthetic of it all.

I made it past college which I took overseas but somehow I ended up back in my hometown working in the Café that My mom and Alexandra Owned together before my mom passed away with my father in a car crash, I missed her but I know that she is proud of me right now so I won't cry for her.

I walked outside and looked up as I held a necklace that she gave me when I was little before she passed away.

"Mamá, Lo hice,Nico y yo somos libres"
(Mom, I did it, Me and Nico Are Free)

Then I walked back in and started, Then 3 hours passed by when an intriguing Group walked into the Café.

As soon as they stepped into the café the energy just shifted. It went from a cheerful morning with people eating breakfast and exchanging words before either work or school.

But as soon as they came inside the restaurant just dropped to dead silent, it was so silent that you could hear a pin drop from across the café. Everyone was now staring at them and whispering to each other.