We meet again

AU where Luke rejects Zander and after a few years without talking, they meet each other again in a library.

• • •

Zander sighed as he placed another book into the shelf of aisle seven.
Of all the places to work at, he was happy he chose this.

The small book cafe at downtown Brooklyn, New York was peaceful. The smell of paper and coffee gives a good vibe to the place.

Zander, now age twenty, worked in this book cafe for a year while doing his college studies at the same time. Ever since his quarrel with Luke at junior year, they grew apart. Zander moved to New York with his sister for college while Luke's whereabouts were unknown to him.

The violet eyed man continued to walk to different aisles in the book cafe, stopping once in a while to store some books to other shelves.

Zander made another stop in aisle nineteen, placing another book into the shelf.
Unbeknownst to him, golden eyes were staring at him from the aisle behind him.

Luke, who was on aisle eighteen, stared at Zander from behind the shelf. Seeing him made him realize how much he missed him, how much he yearned to talk to him ever since that rejection in junior year, yet, Zander kept pushing him away.

Zander felt a stare behind him, making him anxious. So, he turned around, facing the face he didn't want to see or expect. He wanted to hate Luke, but he can't. He just dislikes him.

Seeing his golden eyes brings back the feelings he had for him, but also all the pain and sorrow their separation gave him.
"Zander?" Luke asked softly.

Zander scowled. "Luke."

Luke's eyes brightened, a small smile appearing at his face. He clearly was happy to see him, but was he even aware about how Zander feels about it?

Zander's scowl stayed on his face, making Luke worry about how Zander feels about seeing him.

"Oh, you probably... I'll go." Luke said, chuckling nervously.

Zander scowl turned to an expressionless look, him looking blankly as Luke placed the book on his hand back on the shelf to leave.

"Luke." Zander mumbled. Luke turned around.

"How... How are you doing?"

• • •

Author's Note:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
I feel like shit.
Exams and personal issues are making me want to sob.

Anyways, have this chapter.
Going to post a new one next week or in a few days. :)