Chapter 15

After the emotional rollercoaster that was the past 20 hours, Wynonna excuses herself from the dining room table and thanks Nina for everything she had done to protect the people that mean the world to her. Without even knowing any of them, she chose to make such a selfless sacrifice. There would never be enough words to express her gratefulness to the older woman, who she didn't even know existed until less than 24 hours ago. Wynonna just needed a minute to herself, to process everything and figure out a how the hell she was going to tell Waverly all of this. It's not going to be easy.

In Wynonna's absence, Doc and Nina sat at the dining room table. The small talk and coffee flowed freely, easily. Doc was overwhelmed. In the more than 169 years of his life, he has never experienced the level of kindness and love he had felt in the last 2 days. From meeting Junior, to seeing Wynonna soften when she's with the boy and showing her motherly side (he will never tell Wynonna that), to meeting a woman who has been protecting his daughter for a man who was supposed to be dead. He felt a lot of emotions right now.

"Mrs. Angelea...I mean Nina" Doc says as he takes a sip of his coffee "It is not my place to say this, however, I have been in the Earp's lives for some time now. Knowing Waverly, I can assure you that she and her wife will love to get to know you. Family is everything to Waverly." He says, looking at the older woman with nothing but sincerity in his blue eyes.

"Thank you, Doc." Nina says with a small smile. "I have wanted to meet her for so long. But as the years passed, I worried more and more about how she would react to the news of having a whole family she was not aware of."

"Ma'am when it comes to that young lady and her big heart, the more family the better. I can already see the future little Haughts running around, and I'm sure there will be plenty." Doc says with a smirk. He visualizes the patter of many little feet all over the Homestead, Nicole and Waverly anxiously running after them. It warms the cowboy's heart.

Nina lets out a small chuckle. "Well, Mr. Holliday, if you call me Ma'am again I might just send you to go watch that damn kids show with Junior." She says jokingly as she gets up from the table to collect the dishes and cups still left there. Then she heads in the direction of the kitchen, leaving a widely smiling Doc behind with his thoughts on the future.

Wynonna sits outside pondering on how best to break the news to Waverly. She decides that perhaps talking to Doc would help ease her mind on the subject. She gets up and heads back inside. As she enters the hallway connecting the kitchen and the living room, she sees Junior. It is the first time she sees him since finding out that he's her baby sister's little brother. My baby sister has a baby brother. Who knew? Wynonna thinks to herself, shaking her head out of her thoughts when she realises Junior is on the phone talking to someone he clearly doesn't know. She hears him innocently say "I'm Junior, but I'm not a Craven so I guess you don't want to talk to me." with a bright smile on his face. The brunette chuckles at his statement before approaching him.

"Hey, Junior. Who are you talking to?" Wynonna asks him as she leans against the wall where the phone is mounted. He turns to her with a smile.

"A very friendly lady. " He explains, in that innocent way that only kids can. "Do you want to talk to her?" He says pulling the phone away from his ear and holding it towards Wynonna. At this Wynonna straightens and looks at him with wide eyes. She really was not in the mood to speak to some random person.

"No...I...maybe get your grandmother..." Wynonna says as she looks around and starts to call for Nina. But before she could utter another word, Junior puts the phone in her hand and start to skip back towards the living room. "I want to finish watching Iron Man." He says over his shoulder, as if it is some major business meeting that he could not afford to miss. He disappears around the corner, leaving a dumbfounded Wynonna with the phone in her hand.