Emma Miller

I walked out to the parking lot having nowhere to go. That's what I get for not having my driver's license.

"Hey. Miller!" Zaria called after me and I turned around a little surprised.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked confused.

"I saw what happened and you were upset and so I followed you out here," she replied and she shoved her hands in her pockets.

"Oh. Thanks. You actually cared to check up on me," I laughed nervously.

"I heard what Ally said about, and yeah. Thank you. Not many people call their friends out for that shit. You kinda stood up for me when they began talking about me behind my back," Zaria spoke and I shook my head.

"You don't need to thank me for that. Those girls are always so out of pocket for shit," I said letting the curse word roll of my tongue funny.

"Haha well. Today you actually did something about it which is definitely different from what you did yesterday," she said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not making fun of you. I'm happy for you," she admitted and I smiled.

"I have a car. You want to get out of here?" she asked and I looked at her confused.

"We will be back before the football game, but I have some place I go when I am really angry," Zaria admitted and I smiled.

"So you are going to show me one of your secret spots? I feel so special," I said and she laughed.

"Shut up and just come with me," she said holding out her hand.

I stared at it almost afraid. I don't even know her that well. I don't even know where she will take me. I looked in her eyes and I didn't care. My hand meets hers and she grasps onto it and leads me to her car. Before I jump into the passenger seat I looked at the car sitting before me. A nice wide black mustang with white lines below the windows.

"Holy shit Zaria this is expensive," I said staring at the car.

"Before my mom left my dad. She left money for college and all of the child support she could. I spent it on a sexy ass mustang," she admitted and slipped into the driver's seat. I joined her and sat in the passengers.

"So basically you just gave up a free ride to college?" I asked in shock.

"Uh. Yeah?" she asked and popped out a cigarette making my eyes go wide.

"You smoke cigarettes? Zaria seriously? Those mess you up. Give you lung cancer. Those things will kill you," I said and she laughed.

"That's the whole point Miller," she said and flicked out her lighter.

It was a pretty lighter too, one of those old ones that are in a little metal box. It had a sun etched into the metal. She flipped it open and I grabbed the cigarette and I threw it out the window.

"What the hell was that for?" she asked and I just stared at her.

"That was how my mom died. I don't like someone else putting that same fate upon themself," I admitted.

I never tell anyone about that. I think the only person that knows is Levi.

"Shit. Alright. Note taken. Do not smoke in front of Emma Miller," she said and I smiled at her sadly.

"I guess I will hang out with you even more now," I laughed.

"Don't threaten me with a good time Miller," she smirked and I let out a nervous laugh which made her laugh.