𝐈𝐈 | april o'neil

________________

________________

ᴀᴘʀɪʟ 'ɴᴇɪʟ.
________________

    ℂ𝕆ℕ𝕊𝕀𝔻𝔼ℝ𝕀ℕ𝔾 Casey Jones was just about my only friend, unless my own mother counted, you could say that I was rather protective of him. Sure we teased each other and I gave him a hard time, but I never took him for granted.

He was the only person who thought of me as more than the "pretty weird girl" and saw past my strangeness. So yes, I was definitely not ready to simply let him go.

That was why I was not ready for the girl called "April O'Neil" to come into the picture. April was a girl in our year, a quirky redhead who had more freckles splattered across her cheeks than I could count.

While she was nice, she was also considered an "outsider", if you will. April held some of the best grades in the entire school, but the mathematics and science departments was definitely her forte. That along with the fact that she had been in and out of school all year long made everyone take a double glance at her.

Of course, I was not one to judge, after all, my reputation was worse than hers. However, after April was assigned as Casey's tutor, the two quickly began growing closer and it left me in a pit of green jealousy.

As much as I hate to admit it, I feel like Tinkerbell to Peter Pan and Wendy. And it was most certainly not a good feeling.

Albeit, I have not even so much as introduced myself to April, rather I silently bag on her every time Casey turns me down because he is with her. This whole deal has been going on for a few weeks, and in complete honesty, I truthfully had no right to be jealous.

Casey is allowed to have other friends, plus April is helping him stay ahead in more than just math class. Not only that but in order for Casey to stay on the hockey team, he had to keep his grades up.

With this in mind, trying to compete for Casey's attention would just be plain stupid. Therefore, I am going to take the mature path and simply try to befriend April O'Neil as well. I only hoped she was not as wary about me as the rest of the school population.

I strolled into the library with purpose, a cup of apple juice in my hand as I walked. The library of our great school was a dusty old place, one which admittedly had relatively sucky books. It was not all too big either, simply a single story and a bit smaller than our school cafeteria. Teens rarely went in here to actually study: they came here to either mess around, make out in the back corner, or hide from hall monitors for skipping class. There was also a strict no food or drink rule inside.