Chapter One: Preface

The squeaking of the rocking chair against the wooden porch attracted more attention to the two military police officers than the storm and conflagration happening in front of them. Their annoyed faces were masked by an irritated brow and blank face. Sitting on the rocking chair on the front porch was a pregnant woman with her hands on her stomach, gazing out at the big blaze that was miles and miles away. She was at a safe distance enough to which she can eye the beauty.
The droplets of rain slid down the gable roof that shielded her from getting wet, but the strong winds blew some of it on her. Yet, it was light, and barely bothered her. She eventually stopped rocking the chair, causing the two officers to let out a small sigh of relief after being tortured with the sound,
"If you were annoyed by it, you should've said so." She said, nonchalantly.
The two men froze up and glanced at each other with fear in their eyes. They quickly whipped their heads to face the woman, who had now, turned her head to face them with a small smirk on her tinted lips,
"Y-Your majesty...!" Exclaimed one of them.
"W-We thought nothing of it!" Said another.
She chuckled lightly before turning her head to look back at the fire. The woman placed one hand on the arm of the chair and beckoned one of the officers to come help her stand up. As she stood up, she lightly groaned in discomfort, and immediately gripped onto his hand as they started to walk towards the door.

The other officer opened up the door for her before bowing down. She looked at him,
"If there is any update on my husband, let me know immediately." She said.
"Yes, your majesty." He said.
She thanked him before entering the country home. The officer guided her down the hall and turned a corner. There were two maids walking down the hall together, but they immediately smiled and curtsied when they saw her. The queen thanked the officer before being helped by the two maids to walk up the stairs. As the three made their way down the hallway, she started to walk slowly as she passed by the big windows.
Her (E/C) eyes were attracted by the lightning as it struck by the fire. She walked towards the window and looked out of it, only for her eyes to widen. Coming slowly towards the gate was a person on a horse with a cart attached to it. Another person was sitting in there, but they seemed to be badly hurt by the way they had bandages all over their hand. Their faces were shielded by a cape with a hood that had the Survey Corps logo on the back. She raised an eyebrow, wondering who these people were. They got off the horse and grabbed the lead, opening up the gate as they lead the horse inside.
A military police officer came up to them and the two started talking. They walked inside the property, leading the horse to the barn nearby to keep it in there. The person, midst conversation, turned their head to look up at the house, only to surprise themself when they saw her gazing down at them with shock in her eyes. It has been over a month since they last saw each other. The gaze was a first in a while...

In the year 824, Rod Reiss supposedly fell in love with a Fritz disguised as a slave that worked on one of his farmlands that he owned. Maria, the slave, also fell in love with him. It was love at first sight, or so they thought. He was married back then, but couldn't help and sneak off with her in private. Eventually, she became pregnant with his first child, and that's when their relationship ended. Rod stopped visiting the farm as much and Maria ignored him whenever he visited. Nine months later, in the year 825, she gave birth to her baby girl. (Y/N) Fritz, her child, was raised alongside her mother as a slave on the farm.
She knew her father and what he had done. He never spoke to her like his own daughter. He spoke to her like a lowlife worker. Maria taught her to not think of him as her father, ever, and to think of him as her "owner". Along with that, (Y/N) was taught to never reveal her last name to anybody. It would cause the both of them trouble if anybody else knew the truth.
For the next few years, the young child grew up watching her half-siblings come by and have fun on the farm when they were younger. She felt a sadness dig deep in her chest when she watched them be loved by her father that never cared about her. She stayed as far away from them as possible.