🍷CHAPTER 1

Chaeyoung was busy mixing her cup noodles as she look at pure nothingness. It was cold outside because the sun is about to set and her shift just started.

She works at a small convenient store during night time and have different jobs at the morning. She buys her mother's medicine with the money she earned and supports her little brother who just started middle school.

Life was tough but she was tougher.

She had to drop out college when her Father left them and her mother grew weak, causing her to have a stage 2 lung cancer.

She immediately stood up and ran to the counter when she heard the bell rung, indicating a new customer has arrived.

She patiently waited until the customer went to pay.

"T-That's a lot of insect repellent..." She shyly uttered after seeing the scattered insect repellent sprays and anti bacterial sanitizers.

"Someone is being stupid about bugs in his house, so I bought this to shut him up" Chaeyoung let out a cute laugh but she couldn't stop the fact that she was startled by the girl's deep voice which is very different from how she looks.

The girl is petite and her milky white skin was enough to make guys drool over her, she even have the face of a goddess which Chaeyoung envied a lot

The beauty handed her card and Chaeyoung was able to read her name.

K-Kim Jisoo...

She placed the stuff inside the bag before smiling and giving it to Jisoo who also returned her smile.

"I hope you come back again!"

"I definitely will!" Jisoo replied and left the store.

Chaeyoung went back to her seat and started eating her now warm noodles.

Her head shot up when her little brother entered the door while panting.

"N-Noona...Mo---s-she..." she immediately run to her litlle brother and rubbed his back, knowing that he have asthma.

"H-Hey...Hee-joon...breathe in....breathe out" her brother followed what she said and became more calmer than earlier.

Tears started threatening on his eyes and he started to whimper.

"N-Noona...m-mom...she was sent to the hospital.." In an instant Chaeyoung felt like as if she was numb.

"H-Hee-joon...stay there ok"

She started to panic and ran to a house nearby before she started knocking in the fastest way as possible.

A lady on her mid 20's opened the door and greeted her with a smile.

"Mrs. Park...could you please...watch the store for me? My mom is in the hospital...I--"

"O-Okay!!! Don't panic...You go do your business okay?"

Chaeyoung thanked her a lot and brought Hee-joon with her. Once they arrived at the hospital, Chaeyoung immediately ran to the counter and asked for her mother.

The nurses knew her because they come here most of the time and they assisted her to the room. Luckily a man in his 40's just got out and he was wearing a white coat.

"Doctor Kang...I-Is my mother alright?? Is she--"

"No! No!...but can I talk to you for a sec?" He asked before looking at Hee-joon who's currently staring at them, obviously confused.

The nurses guided Hee-joon to see his mother and Chaeyoung proceeded to talk with Doctor Kang.

"Chaeyoung...I'm afraid to say that your mother is on Stage 3 cancer...and it would be best if...she stays in the hospital for a moment..." Hot tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"B-But...w-what will happen if she won't stay here?" Her voice cracked and God knows how badly she was holding her sobs.

"Her condition might worsen...if she stays here, we will take good care of her..."

Chaeyoung was fine with the idea that her mother would stay in the hospital but the fact that she knew, she didn't have the money to pay for their bills.

"D-Doctor Kang...what about the bills...I don't have money" she sounded hopeless...but she thought.

Who cares anyway?

"About that...I'm giving you a 30 percent discount? Will that be okay? For the mean time...find a job and take your time" Chaeyoung felt like crying and hugged the man instead.

Doctor Kang smiled and tapped her back. He knew that life is cruel to them and he's trying his best to help them, after all...

He was her mother's first love...

Chaeyoung entered her mother's room and she was greeted by the smell of medications and different medical apparatus.

She sat on the stool and held her mother's hand tightly.

"M-Mom...how did we turn out like this?...Mom...I'm so tired..." she uttered and cried harder. Little did she know is that her mother was awake and can hear everything she say.

A tear escaped her mothers eyes and held onto her hand tighter. She was so angry at herself for she couldn't even utter the words she wanted to say to her daughter who pleaded to her a thousand times.

I'm sorry Chaeyoung-ah...

---

Chaeyoung woke up and did her morning routine once again. Shhelped her brother go to school before she start her day.

While she was busy fixing her things, her phone started ringing and she immediately picked up to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Chaeyoung Park?"

"U-Um...yes? Speaking!"

"About the application you passed in our agency..we found a job for you!" She never felt too happy and she started giggling before she asked for more details.

It was only a 15 minute ride until she reached the address.

Her eyes grew wide after seeing a palace-like house in front of her. She even had to double check id she was on the right place.

"Is this a princess's house??" She unknowingly uttered and smiled.

Not far from her direction is a black Bugatti. The driver eyed her from head to toe and was amused by her reaction.

"Why are you in front of Park Residence?" Chaeyoung bowed immediately after the car stopped in front of her.

She stood straight and almost lost her consciousness after seeing the guy inside the car.

"I-I'm here to apply as a maid..." she said in a low voice which made the other smirk.

"I'm Jimin!" He offered his hands and Chaeyoung was hesitant at first but she still accepted it anyways.

"C-Chaeyoung sir...Park Chaeyoung" he couldn't help but to chuckle after hearing her formality towards him.

"Don't be too formal...I'm...I'm just a driver" Chaeyoung felt relieved, knowing that he was a driver and not some kind of owner or anything.

"Would like to hop in? I'll drive you inside--"

"No! I'll just walk on my own..." Jimin smiled and nodded before maneuvering the car inside.

Chaeyoung was excited because she already met a friend and waa really looking forward to her new job.

What she didn't know is that, the guy she had a conversation with, earlier.

Was the most wanted Mafia Boss in the City and is currently the owner of Park Residence...