Feast and Summer

Nova's POV

I smirked as my dad told me I was right to not trust Quirrell. Turns out he wore the turban to hide the fact that he had Voldemort living on the back of his head. I still had an uneasy feeling however when I would remember the rare whispers when I was in his class.

I hugged my dad quickly before I ran to join my friends at the end of year feast. I smiled when I noticed the Great Hall was decorated in Slytherin colors indicating we had won the House Cup.

"Another year gone. And now as I understand it the House Cup needs rewarding and the points stand thus in fourth place Gryffindor with 312 points. In third, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place with 472 points Slytherin." Dumbledore said.

The whole of Slytherin house erupted into cheers except me as I caught the twinkle in Dumbledore's eye. I knew deep down that the house cup wouldn't be ours as he would take into account the Golden Trio's heroics on the third floor corridor and Harry as he had delayed Voldemort coming back.

"Yes, yes well done Slytherin well done, however recent events must be taken into account and I have a few last minute points to award. To Ms. Hermione Granger, the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril 50 points. Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points." Dumbledore said as the Gryffindor's burst into applause for both of them. I looked over and noticed the look on Draco's face before my attention was once again on Dumbledore. "And third to Mr. Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage I award Gryffindor house 60 points. And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." Once again the Gryffindor's cheered as I added up the points in my head. I groaned when I realized that Gryffindor had indeed won the House Cup. "Assuming my calculations are correct I believe that a change of decoration is in order." Dumbledore clapped his hands and the banners that once showed the emblem of Slytherin now showed the emblem of Gryffindor. I looked over at my half-brother with a small smile before looking up at dad.

I could see the unhappiness on his face before he was once again devoid of emotion. When we were dismissed I ran toward an abandoned corridor with Anna following. We waited a few minutes before Hermione finally joined us.

"Congrats on winning." I muttered under my breath.

"From where I was sitting you didn't even cheer when Dumbledore announced you had won the house cup." The bushy haired girl said.

"I knew he was going to consider your heroics. Don't expect you'll win next year." I said to the girl. We quickly said our goodbyes after that as I still had to fight to get Patch into her carrier.

Anna and I were about to step onto the train when Hagrid stopped me.

"Nova, I wanted to give you this." Hagrid said after I told Anna to go on ahead of me. Hagrid handed me a book. I flipped through it and noticed they were pictures of my dad when he was younger with a red-headed girl. "After your dad made the mistake of calling her mudblood he lost their friendship. So, there's not many of them as adults." He was saying. I ignored him as I flipped to the last page and saw a faint smile on my dad's face as he stared down at the bundle in the woman's arms. I looked up at the half-giant. "That's the only picture that your dad had of the 3 of you together. There's another one behind it."

I pulled out the picture that was behind the one of both my parents and I. This time the woman was holding the bundle of pink blankets and a small boy with dark hair in her lap. I flipped the picture over and read the caption. 'Lily and Harry Potter as well as baby Nova Snape.'