Chapter 12 "The Adventure Ends"

Soon, Diesel 10 was back on the rails, covered in mud. He looked up to see Mr. Conductor marching towards him. "Oh no."

"Diesel 10! You have caused confusion and delay." Mr. Conductor said, angrily. He crossed his arms. "You pushed Henry's train into the ocean. Pushed Mavis under the gravel hopper, and pushed most of the engines into dirty ditches and called them names."

"I'm sorry, sir. I'll make it right." Diesel 10 said. He glared at Thomas. "But, it was Thomas' fault. He planned this and called me a tin can."

"No. We did it because you were in way over your head." Ethan said, getting out of Thomas. "You chased us while we pulled the mail. You hid the mail cars from Percy and nearly destroyed Thomas' cab!" A piece of Thomas' cab crashed to the ground.

Mr. Conductor looked at Diesel 10. He shook his head. "You don't get a second chance, Diesel. Not the way you've been acting for the entire week while you were here." He turned to Ethan and sighed. "I'm afraid you need to spend some time at the Scrapyard. Sir Topham Hatt will know what to do with you."

Diesel 10 gasped as Mr. Conductor walked away. "Wait! You can't send me to the scrapyard! I'll be good! I can pull trucks, work at the docks! No!"

Mr. Conductor walked to Thomas and smiled. "Well, this has been one heck of a week, huh, Thomas?"

"Yep. It sure was. Did you get your spark back?" Asked Thomas. Mr. Conductor nodded and blew into his whistle. He disappeared in a shower of sparkles and reappeared next to Ethan. "I'm glad."

"And I'm proud of you, Thomas. You've shown great courage and determination to show that little engines can do big things." Mr. Conductor said. He turned to the engines. "And as for all of you, I declare a celebration!"

The engines cheered as Thomas rolled up to Gordon. "Hey, Gordon. Are you still gonna make fun of me?"

Gordon chuckled. "No. I'm not going to. You proved that you small engines can do big things. I'm sorry for calling you a silly little engine."

"It's okay, I forgive you." Thomas said. "Now, come on. It's time for a celebration!" He whistled.

*********************************************************

Later that night, all the engines were gathered at Ulfstead Castle. They had banners and flags hanging on the sides of their boilers. Mr. Conductor came up to the pedestal. "Ladies and gentlemen, today is a very special day. Our friend, Thomas, here has proven to be the first engine to go on a big adventure."

The people and children cheered. Mr. Conductor laughed. "Not did he get to travel to America but he has defeated the evil Diesel 10." The engines whistled and tooted at Thomas. "But, he couldn't have done it without his friends by his side."

"Don't forget Lady, sir." Called Lily. She was standing with her mom and grandpa.

"Oh, yes. And Thomas has found the Lost Engine, Lady." Mr. Conductor said. "Now, without further disruptions, I say we start this party."

Ethan turned to a booth with a girl standing next to it. "Hey, DJ, drop us a beat!" The girl nodded and messed with the DJ booth, starting up the music.

"Hey, Ethan?" Thomas asked. "Whatever happened to Kyoya?"

Ethan thought for a moment. He kicked the man off of Diesel 10 and into some trees, but didn't know if he was alive or not. "I don't know. But I'm sure Kyoya learned his lesson."

Back near the line where Diesel 10 crashed, Kyoya burst from the bushes, covered in thorns. He growled angrily. "Oh, that little pest. I'll make pay for what he did to me. And then, he'll be sorry. They will all be sorry."

The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
It's a big big world, but you know where to find me
We'll be together and we're gonna do it our way
We'll discover we believe in each other
On adventures with my friends like every day
Dawns rising over the horizon
To shine a light on what the day ahead is hiding
We'll stick together leaping into the deep-end
The adventure only ends when another begins
And we're already on our way
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
Far from home but we're never feeling lonely
Headstrong stepping headlong into the dark
Hold on cause we're heading there on our own
Whatever happens in the end will forever be changed
Imitate us but you won't intimidate us
We keep em' looking for another way to break us
Because we know if there's a will there's a way back up
Win or lose we can choose to be never the same
And we're already on our way
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
If I lose my grip will you be there to pick me up
If I gotta run will you be coming with me up
Cause I got your back and you got mine
And there's nothing that can stop us now
If all else fails, will you help me when I lose my way
Set your sails, to be ready for the winds of change
Cause the journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today!
OHHHHHHHH OH OH OH OH OH OH
The journey starts today