The Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 10: The Calm Before The Storm

Okay, so now Percy and Artemis are engaged, they did the freaky deaky and war is coming. That basically sums up last chapter. The good thing about this story is that I've come up with a lot of good ideas for it, though most of them come later in the story.

Chapter 10: The Calm Before The Storm

Percy's P.O.V.

My eyes adjusted to the light peeking through the curtains, groaning as I woke from my peaceful sleep. I looked down towards my chest, and I was met with auburn hair resting on my torso. Along with that hair was, of course, my lover Artemis.

Lover.

Wait, is she naked?

I could feel the very distinct feeling of her... uh, privates pressing against mine, and I noticed her back was exposed, indicating she had no shirt on. Uh oh. Why was she naked? Did we... did we do it?

We did get really drunk last night, and I mean really drunk. I doubt either of us have ever gotten that drunk in our lives. Anything could've happened after the contests with Dionysus.

Oh gods, what would Artemis think. What would my mom think? What would Hestia think? The last two had taught me not to take advantage of women, and now here I was, laying in bed with the hungover virgin goddess. No doubt I'd talked her into it.

She'd probably freak out, accuse me of raping her or something. She'd probably even call off the engagement. Oh gods, what have I done? My eyes widened when I felt the form laying on me start to shift a little. Her head was turned to the side, so I couldn't see her expression, but I heard her breathing halt and felt her stiffen.

I wondered for a second if she was dead, but knew that wasn't it. She'd woken, and probably felt my morning wood brushing against her leg. I was just waiting for her to start freaking out.

She tilted her head up to look at me, a confused expression on her face. She looked all over me, as if searching for answers on my collarbone or arms. "Percy... what happened last night?" She asked. She didn't sound angry, just confused, and slightly worried.

I blushed, and averted my eyes from her own. "I think we have the same idea of what happened." I told her. I wasn't going to try and hide it, I'd be dead in a few minutes anyway. She didn't respond, her mouth opening and closing like she was going to say something, but couldn't find the words.

A tear leaked out of her eyes, but she wiped it away before it could make it more than an inch. She steeled her gaze, looking me in the eyes as we both sat up. I averted my eyes from her naked form in front of me, keeping it on her face.

"What do you remember?" She said, and I shrugged, nervous. "Not much. Parts of it, but I pretty much blacked out after the contest with Dionysus." I answered honestly, and she nodded. Artemis lay back down, sighing. "Well, I can't really blame you. It could have been me who pressured you into it. What matters is that it happened, I just wish I would've been sober when it happened."

I nodded, feeling the same, and lay down next to her. Once Styx revealed that Artemis had broken her oath, we'd have a lot of explaining to do. Perhaps I could use that favor Styx owed me to prevent Artemis' punishment.

We lay there, naked under the covers, trying to remember the events of last night, when we were both jumpscared by the door to our bedroom flying open. Ariel strolled in, followed by the other twenty-something members of the hunt, plus Apollo, Hermes and Athena.

We both pulled up the covers to shield ourselves at the speed of light, blushing furiously as the group gathered in our room and did something unexpected. They began singing. Apollo strummed a lyre, and everyone sung in chorus.