Strike

Chapter 22: Strike

I'm baaaack. I know you probably didn't notice, but I sure did. I've missed writing these. It's a good past time for me. I'm gonna work on this chapter and another YJ fic at the same time so this might take longer than it usually does to write. Also, I'm doing Crassus x Selena, Ari x Michael and Alex x Aaron

Chapter 22: Strike

Arianna P.O.V.

It's been two months since I arrived at camp. The people here are really friendly, and even though Estelle and I are the only ones in the Poseidon cabin, we never find ourselves short of friends. It was August, so Selena was still at camp, though she'd be leaving in two weeks with her mother and the hunters.

During the tour that Crassus, Alex and Aaron gave us, we'd been introduced to most people around camp, and none of them were unfriendly. A few of the Ares campers seemed a bit arrogant and annoying, but they weren't outright mean. Estelle hadn't found ourselves any close friends aside from Selena and the three guys, but Michael came pretty close.

The son of Jason never really joined in on our activities, choosing to just train and run errands for various gods. Sometimes he'd come join us at the lake on a Friday night, but most of the time he was away, and we only saw him during sparring. The gods really liked to work him.

Oh yeah, the gods.

Many had visited camp since we arrived, usually to see their kids, other times they were on official business like with Mr D or Jason. The day after we'd gotten here, when our tour was already finished, Aphrodite had flashed in to speak with Piper, and we immediately caught her eye.

"Oh my, who are these beautiful young vixens?" She'd asked Piper, looking at the two of us kinda weirdly. Like lustfully. I wasn't aware I was that pretty, nor that Aphrodite swung that way as well. Piper introduced us and we shook the goddess' hand, noting that she held on for a bit longer than normal.

I'd also met my father, Poseidon, who flashed in a few hours after Aphrodite. He was panting, his eyes zooming around the dining hall as he searched for me. I'd been staring at him the whole time, trying to deduce if he was the person I thought he was. Estelle noticed my gaze, and followed it to the man. She gasped as Chiron stood up.

"All hail Lord Poseidon, God of the seas, eart-" He'd started, but Poseidon interrupted him. "Are they here, Chiron?" He asked, not having time for the formalities. The centaur sighed, nodding to the Poseidon table. It's a wonder why he didn't check there first.

The god ran past the tables, ignoring bowing heads and greetings as he reached us. When he did so, we'd already stood up, and he pulled us both into a tight hug. My face turned red in embarrassment, and I put a hand on his shoulder as I pushed him away slightly. "Can we do this somewhere else."

We went back to the Poseidon cabin, and once there, he pulled us both into a hug again. "Are you girls okay? I'm so sorry I wasn't here sooner, Aphrodite just visited me to tell me how att- Nevermind. Again, are you okay?" He asked, pulling away and looking at us both.

I nodded, my mouth dry, but Estelle spontaneously broke into tears. "NO WE'RE NOT OKAY! OUR PARENTS ARE DEAD!" She screamed, and Poseidon stepped back in shock. "I- I didn't mean it like that. I know you're not... I'm sorry..." He said, swallowing,

I struggled to keep in the tears as well. Neither of us had properly sat down and grieved yet. Ever since we'd got here, we just put aside the fact that we'd watched both of our parents die in front of us in favor of not looking like huge sissies. Even when we were alone in the cabin earlier, we didn't cry or even talk about it, because the rest of the camp would notice our tear-stained faces at dinner.