Pleased to Meet You

Chapter 23: Pleased To Meet You

Okay, so I've noticed a lot of reviews complaining about how the story's really focused on his children. This is a Pertemis story, and no other relationships will really be focused on, but I want a plot. Sometimes to get a plot, you can't focus on the same two people the whole time. Don't worry though, it's about this point in the story where it starts focusing on Pertemis again. Also, I wrote a lot of oneshots recently. One I had to take down because of some community guidelines rule that basically said I can't just copy paste song lyrics into it. I didn't even know that was a rule, since I've seen plenty of songfics before.

I wrote a particularly disturbing fic called Taste, which I'm thinking about updating. It is really fucked up though. It involves cannibalism, an orgy, and Pertemis. Go check it out if you want.

Chapter 23: Pleased To Meet You

Artemis P.O.V.

We flashed onto Olympus, and I hurried the Hunt to the throne room. We couldn't waste time, not with what just happened. I ran ahead, the hunters all trying to keep up with me. They were tired, having been caught off guard. I couldn't stop to make sure they were alright, I had to warn the council.

I burst into the throne room, literally charging the large metal doors with my shoulder, and approached the middle of the room panting. My father was on his throne chatting with Ganymede when he saw me. His face morphed into one of immediate concern. "Daughter, what troubles you?" He asked, seeing my hunters and the children of Sally Jackson entering the room behind me.

I didn't answer him, instead pulling out my bow and firing at the ceiling, effectively summoning the council. They all flashed in within the next minute, save for Dionysus. I don't know what happened to him, but I'm guessing he ran off. My half-brother was never much of a fighter.

Zeus broke the chatter by silencing everyone, and I went to sit down on my throne. The hunters all respectfully shut up and sat around me, but I could see they were pretty impatient. "So, Artemis, why have you summoned the Olympian council?" Zeus asked, raising an eyebrow in slight boredom.

I was still breathing heavily, the flash and running having sapped most of my energy. "The camp... there was- there were too many. They were too f-fast." I struggled with my words, feeling like I was about to have a stroke. Most of the gods paled. "Is the camp under attack?" Poseidon asked, worried.

I sat up, reaching into my pocket and pulling out a drachma. "Iris." I said, summoning her. The goddess flashed in confused, and I held out the coin. "I don't have time, so just take this and show us something." I said, and she raised a hand. "Keep it, Artemis. I work for free in person, unless I don't like you. So what do you want to see?" She asked as I pocketed the drachma.

"Show us Camp Half-Blood please." I asked, and she nodded. Iris worked her magic, and then in front of us was a misty screen. It showed a scene I did not want to see at all, and had hoped we would not see.

Camp Half-Blood was hardly intact, with many of the buildings burning. Monsters still inhabited the area, though now they weren't charging down the hill. Most of them just roamed around, adding fuel to the fire or collecting bodies.

Oh yeah, the bodies.

Dozens of demigods lay on the ground, bruised and bloodied. I couldn't tell if they were dead, but I assumed they were. Monsters wouldn't have mercy on demigods. They were collecting the bodies and bringing them all somewhere. The view changed, so we saw exactly where they were going. Right in the middle of camp, out in front of all the cabins, there was a huge hole, big enough to fit an elephant in it. You couldn't see the bottom, and all of us gulped as we guessed where it went.