Prologue

1000 YEARS AGO

Cold ice covered the lands of the 99 Caverns, growing larger as the forces of the Northern Caverns advances throughout the caverns. But not without resistance, it was truly a time when the 99 caverns was truly united, fighting alongside each other, Shadow Clan fighting alongside humans, humans fighting alongside the creatures of the caverns, all united against the growing and dangerous threat of the Northern Caverns as the war was nearing its end.

A large showdown was occuring near what was the last standing gateway to other caverns. Others had been destroyed in attempts to stop the ever-growing forces of the Northern Caverns.

The Shane of the 99 Caverns, William Shane, in his 30s, wielding his blaster as he shot a Thresher decapitating what seems to be a golem made of ice and stone as he dodged an attack from the slingers in fur coats as the battle at the ancient gateway ensures.

"Great shot!" yelled a young woman, whose hair was tied into a long braid and skin was pale blue. Lena Frost, once the protector of the Northern Caverns.

William turned towards Lena just as a Narwhaddle slug flew towards them. William quickly shot a Flaringo as he quickly shielded Lena from the blast of ice.

William and Lena exchanged glances before getting up and firing at the enemy. William shot a Vinedrill slug that took out the slingers swiftly as more forces spewed from the gateway. Both William and Lena retreated back towards the shield that the Geoshard slug created.

"Lena, we need to go back now!" yelled a man who shot a Firenze slug right at an ice golem, which caught it swiftly and threw it back at them. "We might never get this chance again."

Lena and William looked at each other knowing that the moment has arrived. They shared once last kiss before parting their lips.

"I'll miss you," William said softly. "I'm sorry... I can't come with you."

"No... I'm sorry, for dragging you and your cavern into this mess in the first place... take good care of Jim," Lena said as tears filled her eyes, knowing that this would be the last time they would see each other.

"I should come with you..."

"No. You can't. The 99 cavern needs you. This is... my battle," Lena said. "This cavern and the others had suffered too long... I must destroy the gateway when I return... I wish things wouldn't end up like this-"

"Lena! Anytime now!" the man yelled as a blast cracked the shield.

"No... there has to be..."

"William... we talked about this! She is too powerful... we can't win... only stop this fate from falling on the other caverns," Lena said.

William sighed as he touched Lena's stomach. "Take care of yourself and... her."

"I will... I love you," Lena said softly, looking at William.

"I love you too," William answered.

Both looking into each other eyes, and they nodded. "Now!" Lena said loudly.

The man that told Lena to hurry up shot a Flaringo and a Fandango slug, creating a huge blast of fire that knocked out the ice golem standing in front of the gateway as couple of other slingers fired at the enemy, taking a few out.

"Let's go!" Lena said as she got up and ran.

"Cover them!" William commanded to his allies as they fired at the remaining enemies as Lena and her group ran towards the gateway.

Before Lena stepped into the gateway, she and William exchanged glances one last time. Then, she was gone. Not long after, the gateway stopped shining and the cavern turned dark. They have done it. The decades long war that devastated the 99 Caverns has finally ended. But not without a great loss of life and sacrifices.

Soon, remains of the Northern Caverns that attacked the 99 Caverns were either captured or had gone into hiding. As for the gateway of the 99 Cavern, it was sealed off by the Shadow Clan and the Shane, to be forgotten for the next thousand years to come.