Problems

"King... calm down," Eli said as he helped the blond man down on the sofa in the Hideout.

The group managed to retreat from Gateway Cavern. They decided to return to the Hideout to regroup and plan their course of attack against these invaders.

"Look, King, we need you to tell us, what exactly happened out there," Eli urged the man, who was sitting down and sighing while the rest of the gang gathered around.

"Alright... I'll tell you all," the King of Sling sighed. "It was just another day in Gateway Cavern. People going about, folks and their children listening to my stories... and then... they came," the blonde man said direly.

"Who?" asked Pronto.

"Those... monsters... "the King of Sling recalled.

"You mean those Ice Golems?" asked Trixie curiously.

"I don't know what they are called. What I do know, is that when they entered the town... a wave of ice followed them... it felt like I was in Chillborne Cavern, except... it felt way colder than that," the blonde man stuttered.

"It was indeed cold when we arrived at the cavern," Mei agreed.

"It was unnaturally cold," the King of Sling emphasized.

"So... what happened next?" asked Kord, scratching his head.

"Those... golems... moved toward us. And being the protector figure of Gateway Cavern, I went and tried communicating with them... but before I could say anything, a lady came forward from behind the golems. Never seen anyone like that, pale blue-skinned... She asked me if I was the protector of the 99 Caverns... I... was foolish... I told her I wasn't the Shane... She instantly fired a slug at me... never seen anything like it... but all I felt was coldness... overtaking my body... I knew I had to call you... so I did... and right after that... I fell limp... the last thing I remember seeing... was that cruel lady... ordering her goons to round up the townsfolk," the King of Sling finished recalling as he sighed.

"The town was empty when we got there," Junjie muttered. "They took an entire town... captive?" asked Junjie.

"That's impossible," Drucilla said.

"King... it is not your fault... don't blame yourself," Eli comforted.

"But it is... if only I was able to stop them..." the blonde man sighed.

"But you were brave enough to face them... that is enough," Eli assured. "Rest up King. Don't worry about Gateway Cavern. We will go back there to fight," Eli said before standing up, gesturing for the others to follow him into the garage.

"Go back there? Are you nuts?" asked Pronto in disbelief once Eli shut the door.

"Well, we can't leave the people of Gateway Cavern in the hands of whoever those guys are," Eli retorted.

"Wait... you mean... you never faced an enemy like them before?" asked Mei.

"Never," Trixie answered frowning. "Have you ever encountered anyone like them, Junjie?"

"Not that I could recall... then again... there were 20 years of my life I couldn't remember so..." Junjie said as Mei took his hand.

"Dudes... those Ice Golem were terrifying," Kord commented worryingly.

"She said they were from the Northern Empire," Eli muttered. "Has anyone heard of any stories regarding this?"

"I never heard of this empire... but... I heard of legends... that tell the story of an ancient invasion of coldness throughout the Eastern Caverns... Legends said that it was so cold... that... life was nearly wiped out from the Eastern Caverns," Junjie said as Joo-Joo began chirping wildly.