•13•

20th December - Saturday

The silence on the bus was deafening. Not a sound was heard apart from the odd shuffle of discomfort or the clearing of one's throat. The omega sat in silence, his earphones sat comfortably within his ears as he looked outside the almost fogged up window. The bright lights of Seoul reflected on Taehyung's face, a clear sky loomed over the city that blossomed with people. The blueness of the sky fit perfectly with the pinks, the purples, the reds of the streets. The boy sat with his knees together, his cracked phone nestled perfectly in his hands and at his feet sat a small black backpack that carries his wallet, his keys etc.

The bus comes to a slow halt, Taehyung looked around and noticed it was his stop: Gyongyu-Street. (made up, I think, I didn't research street names.) Quickly, he stood from his seat and got off of the bus. Looking at a piece of paper, Taehyung began walking. He was so focused on the letters written on the paper, that he wasn't looking where he was going and bumped into a fellow pedestrian.

"S-sorry!" The omega apologised and bowed to the stranger, and quickly continued his route. Eventually, Taehyung reached a door. The door.

Flashback.

"D-dad, it's Tae." The young omega stuttered, his hands shaking more than a leaf on a windy day.

"T-Taehyung?! Is that really you?" The voice answered.

"Y-yeah, it's me. I'm sorry." Taehyung apologised.

"What are you sorry for?" The omegan father chuckled a little.

"I've been too scared to call, um, I'm sorry it took so long."

"It's okay my son, I would've waited forever and I still wouldn't be mad. How are you doing? Is uh, your mother okay?" Taehyung's father asked.

"I'm doing okay. Uh, I actually have no idea how mom is doing, I don't live with her anymore." Taehyung sighed.

"What?! Where do you live? Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I live with my f-friend and his mom. It only happened not too long ago." The omega explained.

The father and son talked and caught up a little, asking general questions about each other's lives.

"Do you think you'd want to stay for a weekend? I'd love for you to meet Lingyu and her son Girin." The father asked.

"Oh, s-sure! Uh, when?" Taehyung asked.

"This weekend? I'll send you address." Sang-hoon asked.

"Yeah, okay dad." Taehyung smiled to himself.

They said their goodbyes and Taehyung wrote the address on some random piece of paper.

Present.

Taehyung takes a deep breath, his pulse beating extremely and his body breaking out into cold sweats. He holds his fist up, ready to knock on the hard wooden door, only to hold it for a minute. The omega gulped, took another deep breath and finally knocked on the door. An oh so familiar man opens the door, the classic box smile, Taehyung was glad he inherited, on show.

"Taehyung! You've grown so much!" Sang-hoon exclaimed, quickly pulling his son into an emotional hug. Tears were shed, smiled were shared and a few minutes of eye-contact that said so many more words than a conversation could ever say. "Come meet my wife, Lingyu!" Sang-hoon stepped aside to let Taehyung into his home. The house was lovely, not too big but not too small. The perfect family home.

A beautiful woman with nothing but kindness and glee written on her face came into view and Taehyung walked further into the house.

"Hi! You must be Taehyung! I'm Lingyu!" The woman shared a kind smile, to which Taehyung couldn't help to return.

"Nice to meet you."

"Oh, are you Taehyung-ah?"

*****

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! i'm sorry it's kinda short, but i'm finally getting inspiration! my birthday is next Friday so maybe i'll publish something hehehe

Don't forget to show some love to my other stories!!

Please show your support by commenting and voting! :3

Random question: How are you celebrating Christmas this year?

update: i published a new book called rehab🥺🥺please go read it and give it some support