12

wooyoung's tears dried up as he strolled along the familiar streets, officially identifying as vagrant.

"how am i gonna live..? why am i still fighting? why is my life so fucked up? what did i ever do?!" wooyoung yelled at the river, as he stood at the edge of a bridge. people were staring at him either pitifully or weirdly, giving zero shits about wooyoung.

wooyoung's tears fell to the river below him as he stared at his distorted reflection, which looked dead and tedious. he had a flaming urge to jump down the river and drown himself until he runs out of breath; he wanted to end all his sufferings by sacrificing the cause to it: his life.

"ugh i guess i gotta sleep on the bench today." wooyoung harshly wiped away his tears as he walked to a nearby park with a few homeless people living there.

"san is coming, i can't die." wooyoung reminded herself as he laid down on a random dusty bench, feeling filthy.

————

"choi san, right?" a nurse asked as san slowly opened his eyes.

"yes. where am i?"

"you're in the empire's hospital beds as you fainted, sir."

"oh." san's lips formed into a cute 'o' as his irises travelled left and right, inspecting the unfamiliar room that he was in.

"can i talk to the president?" san asked.

"okay. come with me." the nurse said as she held his hand out for san to reach. san took her hand, stood up and followed her to the president's holy seat.

"sir jaehyuk, once again, please hear out my plead of going to the human world. wooyoung needs help right now." san activated his puppy eyes, trying to get jaehyuk to pity him.

"...okay. just promise you won't break any more rules, like burning down an entire village out of nowhere." jaehyuk sighed as he gave into the cunning puppy eyes.

"thank you, kind sir." san bowed a perfect 90° angle as jaehyuk opened a portal.

"go, don't hurt anyone. okay?"

"okay!" san winked as he skipped to the white, glowing ports excitedly.

'wooyoung, i'm coming.' san thought to himself as he dashed to the portal.

————

the sun casted a bright, yellow hue to the sky as it rose peacefully. wooyoung's sleep got interrupted by the shining light that shone right into his dull eyes. wooyoung forced open his eyes, mindlessly glancing left and right at his surroundings.

"oh, the morning. yay?" wooyoung's eyebrows furrowed. "san...ple-"

"you called?"