Chapter 22

Abi's POV

This morning was perfect. We're currently on our way to the Diner for breakfast and Hunter's driving. He's steering with his left hand and has his right on my thigh.

Ahhh I could get used to this.

It's a silent but not at all awkward car ride, we're just enjoying each others company. Every few minutes I see him look over at me from the corner of my eye and smile. I can't help the grin that takes over my face.

Oh my God when did I get this corny.

This is so weird. Just last week we were at each others throats and now we're basically obsessed with each other.

More him than me obviously, lol.

We pull up to the diner and Hunter parks in the parking lot in one swift move. Something about a guy that can handle a car like that turns me on.

We hop out of the car and make our way to the front door. Hunter steps forward when we reach the door and pulls it open for me gesturing for me to enter.

"Ladies first," he says smiling charmingly.

I roll my eyes and walk ahead knowing his true intention isn't to be a gentlemen, "I know you just wanted to stare at my ass dick-face," I call over my shoulder.

He catches up to me and grabs my butt and whispers in my ear "how did you know?" sending literal shivers down my spine.

"Because you're so predictable," I push him away laughing and walk over to an empty booth.

He slides in to the booth sitting across from me and picks up on of the menus on the table.

"What to eat," he says thinking out loud and his brows furrow in concentration and I can't help but melt a little at his expression.

He is so freaking cute.

I grab the other menu and scan it quickly even though I already know what I'm getting. The waffles here hit different.

The skanky waitress from our last visit bounces over to our table eagerly but her smile drops when she sees us. Her eyes dart to the floor and her cheeks turn crimson in embarrassment.

Aww I feel bad. Sometimes the bitch in me takes over but I swear I'm nice.

"Hi what can I get for you?" She asks quietly looking up at me avoiding looking in hunters direction completely.

Good girl.

I offer her a small smile, "I'll just get the waffles with a side of hash browns and a salted caramel milkshake," I say closing the menu and handing it over to her.

She nods and jots it down onto her notepad after taking the menu from me. She looks over at Hunter but only for a second as if she's afraid I will bark at her.

"And I will get the stack of choc chip pancakes with a side of fries and bacon aaaand a chocolate milkshake with extra extra whipped cream please" he says cheerily closing the menu and handing it up to her without giving her a second glance.

Good boy.

She nods jotting it down and basically runs away. I look up at him smiling and he smiles back.

Okay there's only so much cuteness I can take before I start feeling nauseous, hottie or not.

"So, what should we do today?" He asks me enthusiastically.

I giggle at his excitement, "I was kind of hoping we could just chill at the house today I'm so exhausted."

He smirks, "I guess I'm to blame for that," he says cheekily making me blush.