24 - Break my baby

Chapter 24

The days had gone by faster than I wanted them to. The place felt more and more like a home, except for maybe the fact that I lived with a bunch of wanted murderers. But then again, I am also a murderer.

Ever since Toga's death and Kurogiri and mine's kidnapping, the league activity decreased. Twice was getting a bit better and Mister Compress and Spinner's wounds inflicted while freeing me were starting to heal nicely.

But yet...

I plopped my head down on the smooth, wooden bar. Yet, Kurogiri seemed to be in the same state, not really saying anything anymore.

How is it that Shirakumo is in there? And why can't he take control of the body they share? There were too many questions I had to answer before my call, which I still hope to make soon.

I poured the rest of the alcohol from my glass into my mouth, and let it warm up my throat and belly. "Hey Kurogiri, may I ask how old you are?" The purple fog kept moving, but he didn't speak.

"Hey Kurogiri," I leaned towards him, hanging over the bar, "Why're you ignoring meee!!" There was still no response.

This calls for a different approach.

I got up from my chair, and wobbled over to the other side of the bar. I definitely drank too much. I was about to reach him, but because of the alcohol in my system I was unable to control my quirk and my right leg disappeared, making me fall over.

With a lightning like speed I was caught by the arms of the purple man. So he does have a solid body... I looked up at him. We were now both sitting on the ground.

I tried looking through the mist, desperately trying to see his face, but it was too dense. Was it even real? What I saw all those days ago? What if it was just a delusion, something I wanted to see?

He just sat there, unable to sit up without having me falling to the ground, while tears started to roll off my cheeks. "Thank you." I said, though I didn't quite know why. Maybe it was for catching me just now. Maybe it was for saving me all those years ago. I just hoped he somehow heard it.

But if he's not going to show himself ever again, I might as well give the information to the HPSC and leave this place. Information I gained after deceiving everyone around me. Information that I've gained after killing all those people.

I wrapped my arms around his torso. I didn't expect much from it, until I felt two arms hugging me back. Confused by the response, I shot back, and to my surprise I saw a face.

He's... he's really there!

Unlike the last time, he looked happy. Just like he did in the picture in Aizawa's wallet. "You're welcome." His mouth moved, but the words were hardly even audible, as if they came from behind a glass wall.

The fog started growing more dense, and with that grew my desperation to see more of his face. "No. Wait, no don't go yet! No! Stop!" I hugged him again in an attempt to stop the fog from covering his face once more, but no avail.

In the heat of the moment, I grabbed his barely visible face between both hands and threw our lips together. There wasn't much of a response, but that didn't stop me.

I didn't know exactly what feeling it was that drove me to do this. Perhaps gratitude for saving me? Anger that he turned into this? Sorrow for those who thought him to be dead?

Or perhaps even love?

"I'll get your out of here, Shirakumo." I spoke with our foreheads touching. I could feel the mist lick my skin. It was an odd feeling, as you'd never expect to feel fog in this extend.

"May I ask who Shirakumo is?" The dark voice came from the fog. He's gone. Again.

Being tired of grasping at something and never catching it, I lifted myself up on one leg. Leaning on the bar, I poured myself another shot and drowned it.

I tried to focus on recreating a leg, but seeing as it didn't work I just staggered away, ready to get this day over and done with. "Miss, would you like me to help you?" The man behind me said. So I guess he is his usual self again, huh?

I leaned on the last bit on the bar and looked back at him. "Oh, fuck you." I scolded. I wasn't angry at him. Just at the people that make him like this. I was angry with Kurogiri for occupying Shirakumo's body, and not allowing Shirakumo to live freely like he deserved.

I got past the bar, and almost into the hallway and I fell. I was picked up by two comfortable yet cold arms, probably Kurogiri's. I didn't have the strength to fight him off nor to keep my eyes open, so I let him carry me.

I was still in this arms when he stoped. I heard voices talking about something, but most of it sounded like gibberish.

"Come here." Another pair of arms grabbed me. They were rough, but they were definitely a lot warmer than Kurogiri's arms. I leaned into his heated body, feeling as comfortable as a baby being carried by their mother. The first pair of arms pulled away, their pressure still lingering on my back.

I'll get you out of here, Shirakumo. That's a promise.

Published: 26/12/2020
.
.
.
Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you had or have a wonderful day!
.
I'm not entirely satisfied with how this turned out, but seeing how close this book is to the end, I'm going to edit the entire book when it's finished.