5 - Bad girls

chapter 5

The knife gave a tingling feeling as the intruders followed me inside. If only I could create a shield between my skin and the blade...

We walked to the front of the store, the now dark cafe part. "Sit." This time someone else spoke, and it was definitely a female.

I did as told, and as I moved to grab a chair. I felt the knife part from my back, so I took my chance. Creating a shield around the knife itself, and then attach all of their feet together.

I turned around, but only saw two. I could've sworn I heard three pairs of footsteps...

"Let them go." I turned to my left only to look into the barrel of a gun. Seeing as I had no other smart choice in the matter, I deactivated my quirk. "Smart choice." The woman behind the gun said.

She kept pointing the gun at me as she walked over to the other two. The slight moonlight coming from the window beamed on her face. Is that..?

"Kyūmin Nekoii..?" Upon hearing the name, she turned to face me. "How do you know me?" She placed both hands on the guns and all her attention on me.

"It's me, Fukōshi, Kurai Fukōshi! From the Sinner Sisterhood, remember?"

Nekoii was a former member of the Sinner Sisterhood and apparently the only one who got away. What's weird is that she was a nobody back then, but now she seems to be so much more important...

"Fukōshi, huh? Why aren't you imprisoned with the others?" She shifted her eyes, probably her insecurities from the past surfacing, perhaps wondering if the rest was released too.

"Relax! I just did a lot of good deeds while I was in the slammer, so they let me go." One of the women behind Nekoii walked up to her and whispered something in her ear.

"They let you go after just a couple years? The others got sentences ranging from 15 years to life long!!" She moved the gun in a matter as if she were gonna shoot, so I put my hands up to show my innocence.

"Hey, everyone's done things they're not proud of, and so have I." The whispering woman, or should I say girl, from earlier stepped forward.

Her entire outfit was in different hue's of light blue. I was surprised how clean it was as the street life isn't the cleanest. Take me, I've been wearing a dark purple cape for just a month and it turned almost brown by all the dirt.

"Did you kill the guards?" She spoke with a fragile voice, making it sound like she was the one held at gunpoint. "What? No, there were way too many female guards to even try," I paused, "Besides, I told you I didn't escape, I was pardoned."

It might've been a good call to try and play on the fact that my character would never hurt a female guard, but all of them stood there, seemingly unconvinced.

"I vote we kill her." The woman on the far left spoke. Her rough exterior fitted right in with the words she spoke. I, however, prefer to live.  "Ganbaru, this isn't a democracy." Nekoii said.
"Then I kindly request we kill her!"

Ganbaru continued, "Look, she obviously ratted y'all out, why else would they let her go after like, 3 years or somethin'?" Geez, I'm right here. I mean I did rat them out but still.

The ears on Nekoii's head turned to lay flat on her head, and she showed her teeth. However, her violent posture wasn't one meant for me. "How could you say that?!" She snapped, "Even if she did, violence for violence is a rule of beasts." Nekoii shoved the gun near Ganbaru's head.

"Are you a beast?" Ganbaru showed little emotions, but I could see Nekoii definitely had the upper hand. They must consider her their leader of some sorts. "No, m'lady."

She lowered the gun. "Good," she turned to face all of us, "Remember lady's, we do not hurt or kill women under any circumstances."

"And regarding you," Nekoii continued, "You can prove your loyalty and worth in two days." Oh crap. They're gonna rob some place big.

"Why? What's in two days?" I asked. "You'll see." She answered. Of course she wouldn't tell someone as sketchy as me. Luckily it's not hard to figure out.

"So, where's the rest of the group staying? What happened in the past years?"

A sudden stillness joined us in the room. "There are more of you, right?" Nekoii's eyes seemed to search the floor of a way to say what I had been expecting. "There are no others."

"But you just said it's been three years?" I said full of disbelief. "Get what you came here for, and join us. I'll tell you about it when we're back."

She walked to the back of the shop with her two minions following her. I decided to pick up one of the fallen chairs and place it back so the owner wouldn't know we were ever there.

I walked over to the counter, looking for some old baked goods. As I grabbed a pastry, I heard the safe in the back shriek open. Are they robbing this place? After a month of coming here for food I had to say I felt sorry for the owner to lose money like this.

"Hey, are you coming?" I recognized Ganbaru's voice. I swallowed the bite I just took. "Yeah."

I went outside through the back door, and saw the members of the new Sinner Sisterhood had taken a right turn. I was going to follow them, but I noticed a man on my left.

He's from the mission file...! But what was his name? I took one last look, but the women were out of sight. For a moment I stood there doubting to take a right or go to the man on my left.

"Hello there! My name is Twice!" The man yelled from a distance.

"Can I interest you in changing the world?"

Published: 22/08/2020
.
.
.
We finally have some action!
.
Thank you guys for 100 reads!!
I'm so glad to know people enjoy reading this book, since I enjoy writing it!!