18 - Bury a friend

Chapter 18

"You know, I was the only one who never suspected you," My lookalike approached me, "But I guess I was wrong to do so." Suspect me? What is she talking about?

"Who are you?" I asked the person in front of me. "Don't you recognize your own sister?" Her voice was like mine, but the way she spoke made her sound like a completely different person. "I don't have a s- Wait, Toga?" The realization struck me like knife to the heart.

"Neechan~" Toga chimed as her body began to melt. Chunks of grey sludge fell on the ground, creating a unpleasant sound in the silent alley. "I just wanted to know where you were going. So I followed you, but then you entered that office." She followed me all the way to the HPSC's building? How did I not know?

"I couldn't find you anywhere, so I came back here," One of her amber eyes became visible now that the sludge started coming off faster, "And I decided to taste your blood. Which was delicious by the way." She licked her lips. I started to feel as if I were on the edge of a cliff, and every single movement I made could be the one that causes me to pummel to the ground.

"I was surprised to see I looked more like that actress, Narumi Hitonise, than like my sister Kurai-chan, but then I remembered she had a body shifting quirk. So you got two, huh? I guess you fooled us all." She reached behind a dumpster, to get her clothes and got dressed. "I'm very hurt that you lied to us, Neechan. I don't know what the real reason is that you're here, but can't have you destroy my family."

She reached for her knife.

"So I've decided to taste more of that yummy blood of yours~" She came rushing to me. So careless. I dodged her attack, but I knew from our previous fight that she would come charging at me again. I wanted to create a wall, but she was too fast. I was met with a kick in the stomach instead of a knife.

She tried to follow it up with a stabbing motion, but I grabbed her hand and gave her a bracelet that was under my control. I made it cover her entire hand, so she was only able to use her left. The knife she was holding dropped to the ground. This didn't bother her much as she took out another knife from her belt.

"I see you like to play dirty, Neechan." Her calling me her sister angered me. I bet it was because one of us was going to die soon, and I was going to make damn sure that wasn't me. "Stop calling me that!" I covered her entire arm with my quirk, but instead of it being a disadvantage, she used it as a weapon.

She swung her arm against my ribcage, and thought the pain I could've heard something crack. I withdrew the material on her arm, and created a shield between us to regain my positure. I touched my rib. It hurt a lot, but I don't think she broke it. However I don't doubt for a second she could've.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the knife Toga dropped earlier. I took my chances and as soon as the shield dropped I went for it. Before I could reach it, she intercepted my plan and with her full body weight she pushed me against the concrete below. "Where do you think you're going? I'm not done playing with you~" I turned my head, to look at her. It almost cost me my eye, as she stabbed the ground near it.

"You need vision to use your quirk, huh?" She chuckled, but not for long as I used my quirk to lift her off of me. This bought me enough time to crawl to the knife and without further thought I burried it in Toga's abdomen. It seemed so surreal, but the pain in her eyes is something my mind could never fake.

In shock, I released the restains I created earlier. She fell to the ground with a loud thud, as her school uniform slowly changed color arround the knife. The bumps in the concrete hurt my knees as I dropped down next to her, exhausted and in pain. She was starting to get pale, when she suddenly spoke up.

"Don't worry, Neechan." The blood dribbled from her mouth. "You'll always be my sister."

Before her words could mess with my head some more, I took the knife out and plunged it back in to her, in her heart.

Published: 14/11/2020
.
.
.
My sincerest apologies for this.
.
Why does Japanese have so many words for sister? I don't even know if I used the right one anymore T^T
.
I finished the next chapter already (I did like, last week by now) and I'm so scared to publish it-
I have my reasons, you'll see.