Chapter 16

Hey guys! Sorry it's been awhile since I updated. I've just been busy with homework and I had drivers ed. But thank the Lord that's over. Anyway, here's the last chapter. Hope you liked my story!

I can't believe what I'm hearing right now. Natsu, confessing his love? I must be dreaming.
I stare at him, eyes wide open. His hands are on both sides of my head.
"C'mon Luce. Don't just stare at me. Say something."
"Natsu.... YES!!!!!" I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him down. His arms give out as his lips land on mine again.
We part and I look up into his eyes. "It's about time. I've been waiting so long for you." I say as heat spreads across my cheeks.
"I'm so sorry I treated you bad. I promise you that you won't regret this. I promise to make you happy everyday for the rest of your life."
"I'll hold that to you."
I finally have Natsu. He's mine and I'm not letting him go.

***

Seven years later, Natsu and I are happily married. We've been married for six years.
"Mommy!!!" I turn around and see Natsu chasing Nashi into the kitchen.
"Natsu! Stop it!" I scold him, pointing the spoon at him.
"Oh c'mon Luce." He comes up and wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls my body close to his.
"Ew! Stop it Daddy!" Nashi runs out of the kitchen. Natsu laughs and smashes his lips down on mine. A laugh escapes through my lips. I can feel Natsu smile against my lips.
"Hey Natsu!" Gray's voice echoes throughout the house. We part and turn around. Gray and Juvia are standing there. Ur, their daughter, must've gone off to play with Nashi.
"Hey guys!" Natsu says happily.
Natsu and Gray disappear out on to the back porch. Nashi and Ur ran out the back door to play outside.
"So, how has life been treating you Lucy?" Juvia walks into the kitchen and we start to work on dinner.
"It's fine. What about you Juvia?"
"Same. Honestly, I never thought that Gray would want me as his wife." Juvia now speaks in the 1st person. Ever since her and Gray got married, she switched. I don't know why. But it makes it a lot easier to understand her.
"I knew you two would eventually happen." I smile.
"Really?"
"Of course. You're water and he's ice. It just seemed like a perfect match."
We talk more about how it has been with our husbands and all while we prepare dinner.
Eventually, Erza and Jellal arrived. They were a little late due to Erza training with her daughter. They have two kids, a daughter who's seven and a son who's five. Ana (I don't know any good names so bear with me😁) has blue hair like her dad and Erza's love for armor and weapons. She also has half of Jellal's eye tattoo thing. Senji has Erza's scarlet hair and Jellal's love for Erza. They truly are adorable. They got married soon after Natsu and I started dating.
Levy and Gajeel arrived after Erza and Jellal. And get this, Gajeel actually cut his hair! They have a daughter Senji's age. She super cute.
After we all eat, the guys start a bonfire and pop open the liquor while us wives get our children in warm clothes.
The kids run around the yard with sparklers.
By the end of the night, the kids are fast asleep and ready for bed. We all say goodbye.
"Damn, I'm tired!" Natsu groans. I carry Nashi to her room and put her to bed.
I close her door quietly and start for our room. I get in there and Natsu wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling my neck from behind.
"Natsu," I laugh. "We can't. Nashi is in the room next door."
"She's fast asleep."
"No Natsu. It's late. Some other time, I promise."
"Fine." he pouts and crawls into bed.
After I brush my teeth, I crawl into bed next to Natsu. I turn off my lamp and snuggle under the covers. Natsu slings his arm around my waist and pulls my body into his.
"Goodnight Luce. I love you."
"Goodnight Natsu. I love you too." I close my eyes. I smile at the thought that my one wish has now come true. I have Natsu at my side permanently and we're now raising the next generation together. It's a crazy concept to grasp. It seems just like yesterday I was meeting Natsu for the first time in Hargeon.
We've gone on so many jobs together. And it seems like he was always saving me. He's my knight in shining armor. And I'm glad it was him.
"Thank you Natsu. For always saving me." I say quietly.
"I'll always save you Lucy. No matter what."

****

Well, what did you guys think? Like the book? Please comment any book suggestions if you have any. Ships, one-shots, characterXreader. Oh! And I'm sorry for the stupid way to end the book. I'm not good at endings. Sowwy! 😁 anyway, thank you so much for reading my book! It means a lot to me. ILY!!!!!!😘😘😘😘😘😘