Mabel's Choice

"Bill!?" Dipper ran over to him, dropping to his knees beside the boy. Pulling a vial out of his pocket filled with a strange, metallic liquid, he tipped the bottle to Bill's lips.

"What is that?" Mabel asked while Bill began to stir.

"It's an elixir I created for Bill," he replied, putting the bottle back in his pocket. "He kept passing out and getting weaker, so I created this," the brunette explained, waving his hand over the demon's face.

"What even is it?" Mabel asked with a frown. 

"Mabel, you don't want to know."

"I'm sure I don't," she remarked. 

Bill walked down a path, the stone made of luminite. He gasped. He knew where he was. "The Nightmare Realm," he breathed, staring up at a sky devoid of light. Just then, the sound of running footsteps came from behind him, and a man ran right through him. Bill let out a small cry of shock. It was like being in the Mindscape. He hated the feeling of being walked through, unnoticed. It felt so cold it immediately put him in a bad mood.

 "Hey, wait up," Bill shouted pointlessly, floating after the man. Wait a second... Was that... Ford!? Bill's eyes grew wide as Ford swiveled in his direction, trying to get away from the sound. Bill knew what the sound was. Screwing his eyes shut, Bill ran, too, right into a hole. Wait... it wasn't a hole. It was a mouth. Dragging him down, Bill desperately tore at the ground with his fingers, to no avail.

A beautiful light blue triangle stared at him, happiness in her voice. "So glad you could join us, Bill," she remarked, her single eye sparkling. "Would you like to see what happened to Ford?"

Bill's face was the only thing left that was showing. "Get me out of here, Lila," he spat at her. "I know what you did to Ford because it's what you do to anyone who tries being disobedient."

"Yes," Lila said, her single eye narrowed. "But Ford is a special case!!!" Dragging him up out of the hole, Lila tore through the azulnor, whose branches waved crazily with the motion, Windsong drifting over the field. "Al shlosha, d-varim, al hae met v al, ha e..." The words drifted over the fields, but they were gone in a second, Lila charging through multiple landscapes before coming to the one she wanted.

Bill gasped. Sitting in the empty room he had seen countless times, shivered Ford.

"Ah, Ford, you're awake," the bounty-hunter said, amused. "Seems like all you do now is sleep," she said, a frown in her voice, one eye glimmering mockingly.

Ford didn't respond, instead continuing to mumble incoherently, picking at large gashes running all across him, making them bleed. His shattered eyes roved across the room, never once looking like he was seeing anything at all.

"Ford, darling, you have a guest," the triangle said, her eyes shining with laughter. "Go on, get in there," she said, shoving Bill through the wall with a phasing hand. 

"Ack!" Bill tumbled inside.

Ford swiveled around. "You!" he said, his eyes like pieces of glass. "You've got to help me," he said bleakly. "I thought I was strong but- I'm not. Not to her. Please, you don't know what she does to me!" He began to cry desperately. "I try and hold on, but every day here drives me to madness, please, help me!"

"That's enough," the blue triangle said, narrowing her eye. Ford let out a scream and crumpled to the ground, and didn't get up.

"I think you've seen enough," she commented lightly, her eye turning back to its pale yellow glow. "Time for you to go..." Bill let out a cry as the room got smaller and smaller, the walls shrinking in on him and Ford. Clutching Ford's body in his arms, Bill sat in the middle of the room, huddled up as small as he could be.

"Bill's lying, Dipper," Mabel blurted out.

"Huh?" Dipper turned around, all his focus on his sister.

"I had a dream last night. The henchmaniacs told me he was lying. He can't save Ford, Dipper. I'm sorry."

"No, the henchmaniacs are. They're trying to undermine us, Mabel. We can't fall for their lies." 

Mabel's face looked shocked. "You don't believe me? You'd rather believe Bill!?" Her face turned so sad it was heartbreaking, but Dipper didn't say anything, only confirming the statement. 

It couldn't be true, for Dipper's sake. If Bill was lying- Dipper forced the thought away. He couldn't believe that. He had to trust Bill, because it was his only option. He couldn't give up on Ford. But another part of his brain knew he didn't want to believe it for another reason, too...

"Really, Mabel? So jealous of Bill you have to make up lies about him?" Mabel looked like she'd been slapped in the face.

"Dipper, it's true-"

"Don't think I haven't been noticing the way you act around him! Like you hate him, just for being my friend!"

"Well, you know what!? YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HIM, DIPPER. YOU LOVE HIM!!!" Mabel's hand flew to her mouth. This time, she'd knew she'd gone too far.

"Get out."

"Dipper, I-"

"GET OUT!" Dipper practically screamed at her. "Just get out..."

Mabel's eyes flooded  with tears, and she ran out of the laser tag, sobbing.

"Are you ok...?" One of the employees asked the mystery twin. 

"No," Mabel said, brushing away her tears angrily. "But I will be soon..."

Bill pretended to wake up. He'd heard everything. He tried not to stare at Dipper too much. Him... liking... me!? He almost laughed aloud. The plan was working perfectly, well, sorta. So why did Bill feel like shit about the whole thing??? 

A/N: So, what'd you think? Sorry it's so short, I wasn't really in the mood to write, but one fan convinced me... Thank you so much, FullTimeNerd! Love you and my fans to death! Thank you so much for reading! If you have any questions, post em in the comments below! If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote. Thanks so much! Have a wonderful holiday!

Thanks, a geek.