17. Heat

Their lips pressed into each other with heated passion. His hand came up to caress her cheek, his fingertips tugging at the hair against her scalp. She pressed closer to him. Her hand became enveloped in the body heat radiating from his neck as she pulled him closer.

Alden moved their position of laying side by side by propping himself on his elbow. He continued caressing her cheek and jaw as he slid his other hand to her waist. She responded by shifting to rest on her back and moving her other hand to the opposite side of his face, his beard tickling her fingertips.

Paesyn smiles against his lips and deepens the kiss to a French style. Their tongues twist and dance together, leaving the couple moaning in euphoria. Alden slips his hand under the fabric of her shirt, his warm hand rubbing circles on her waist.
A small and almost inaudible gasp left her lips in response. She gently tugged him closer and changed the angle of their kiss.

A long moment of silence filled with the sound effects of kissing and moaning passes before Paesyn pushed her chest against Alden, leading them both sitting upright.
Holding intimate eye contact with her lover, she pulls her shirt over her head, leaving herself in her worn black bra.

It had been weeks since she returned home with Daryl and Dennis, and she had never been happier to be home. She was building a relationship with her mother and she and Alden had never been closer, emotionally and physically.

Alden's gaze sweeps over her exposed torso slowly, entranced by his current mixture of love and lust. The dim lighting of the room enhanced the ambiance of being alone and intimate.
The low lighting also made it easy for him to overlook her scars. He wasn't spooked by them, nor was he disgusted. He was sure Paesyn didn't think of her scars fondly and didn't want to call attention to them.

Paesyn hides a grin at his dazed stare and wraps her arms around his neck, leaning in to resume their kiss. Hugging her to him, Alden slowly pushes forward so Paesyn would rest against the pillows of the bed. He sits up and pulls his t-shirt over his head. He lets the corners of his mouth lift at seeing Paesyn's gaze mirror his own when she took her shirt off.

He leans down to hover over her figure again. He leaves a multitude of kisses across her lips before trailing down her jaw and to her neck. She moans at the contact, his warm wet lips causing her tender skin to tingle.

He used his breath to pull on her skin, marking her skin to eventually bear hickeys. She moved her head to increase access and buried her slender fingers in his curly hair, playing with and tugging at it.

His hands ran up and down her sides, leaving her skin feeling like fire.

Paesyn remembered what happened last time this happened— she remembered the cell at the Sanctuary. She felt a sense of deja vu and fought against the dark images. She filled her mind with thoughts of Alden. He was all that was on her mind. She focused on the way his hands felt against her skin, the warmth of his lips, and the way he looked at her. These images left her on cloud 9.

With a swift and careful movement, Paesyn flipped their position. She straddled Alden's waist and kissed him deeply. He slid his hands over her neck and torso, eventually coming down to rest on her hips.

Paesyn sits back to straighten her posture, her weight shifting to Alden's jeans. He felt himself stimulated by the contact and rubbed his hands over her Jean-clad thighs.
She reaches behind her and unclasps her bra and slips the loose straps off her shoulders. She tosses the fabric by her forgotten shirt.

"You're beautiful," Alden breathes while he admires her.

She didn't know how to respond with words so she just lent down, her breasts against his chest.

He captures her lips in another heated kiss before switching to hover over her. As their tongues mingled, he massaged her left breast with the hand that wasn't supporting his weight. Without moving his hand from her breast, he moved his head lower to wrap his lips around the nipple of her other breast.

She bit her lip while moaning in pleasure, pulling on his hair. Alden found himself moaning as well before moving back up to his lover's lips. She gently bit his lip and bent one of her legs as leverage. She then thrust herself up to grind against him. A mixture of a grunt and a moan rumbled from his throat as he kissed her harder in response.

He moved his hand and looped a finger in her belt loop, giving a gentle tug to ask for permission. "Is this okay?"

She nodded into the kiss and pressed her pelvis against his momentarily. "Yeah." She was speechless and breathless.

Just as he began fiddling with the buttons of her jeans, a pounding on the front door echoed through the room. Paesyn flinched at the loud interruption and Alden sighed.

After a longing kiss, they separate to put their clothes back on.

Alden opened the door to see Tara.

"Hey Alden— oh, hey, Paesyn," Tara nonchalantly greets to the brunette before turning back to Alden, "I assume you forgot you had watch tonight." Her expression revealed her struggle to hold back laughs.

The couple's lips were swollen and their hair was messy. Paesyn was sure her neck had patches of red from Alden's hickeys.

Alden's eyebrows furrowed before he raised them when he remembered that he did in fact volunteer to take watch. "Sorry, I'll be right out," he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and was reminded of Paesyn doing the same just moments ago.

Tara nodded and turned to leave after giving the couple an amused grin and a suggestive eyebrow wiggle.

Paesyn scoffed, amused at her antics and walked back to the bedroom to put on her bra that she left on the floor in a hurry. Alden slipped on his socks and shoes, his mood dampened since their moment was ruined.

"Have fun keeping watch," Paesyn joked, her smile bright in the dim lighting.

Alden laughed colorlessly, "I'll try. It won't be as fun as what we were doing."

Paesyn snorted at his comment before taking the time to remember what they were doing. The thought made her legs feel a little weak. She deflected, "Maybe I'll still be awake when you get back." She winked.

She was definitely not going to be awake when he got back.

The day after her return, she officially moved into Alden's trailer. She figured it was time to let go of the truck and sleep comfortably.... with company. Something she never expected to have but enjoyed nonetheless was the conversations she and Alden would have while in bed together. She had never felt more safe while sleeping, curled into Alden as his arms were draped across her frame.

After Alden left, Paesyn plopped onto the bed. Once her head hit the pillow, she realized that she was tired. So she tucked herself into the blankets and closed her eyes.