Hand In Hand

Ship: Namjoon/Yoongi

Author: TheMetaBard

Word Count: 227,174

Genre: kid fic, foster family, domestic, angst, disabled characters, past abuse/neglect

Summary:

Namjoon, a sign language professor, and Yoongi, a songwriter, got certified to foster. But, they never expected that would open the door to love, heartache, pain, and most importantly, family. But, as they figure out this "dad-thing" hand-in-hand, they realize that family isn't made up of blood, it's the love that they have for each other.

~or~
Namjoon's a deaf college professor
Yoongi is his husband and a songwriter
Seokjin is their case manager
Hoseok, Jungkook, Tae and Jimin are kiddos with their own set of challenges and triumphs

My thoughts:

Get ready for a journey, and a shit tone of tears...I mean like buckets of tears. I don't think I have cried for any other fic as much as I cried for this one. I read this way back when I was obsessed with BTS kid fics, and oh gosh I was not expecting it to get that good. I mean I read the tags, I knew that this was going to be an emotional roller coaster but damn...it really got to me. 

This is such a masterpiece, from start to finish it is truly and amazing fic. Every chatacter is written so beautifully, each with their own backstories that just pulls at your heartstrings. I mean from the tags you will see how each kid (the kids are Tae, Jimin, Hobie, Kookie) have a disability, and they come from sad backgrounds. But they are such sweethearts, freaking adorable, and goooooooooood. AND Namjoon and Yoongi are just such amazing parents, like seriously they are freaking amazing!!! They are so good at caring for the babies, and they have their own shit going on, and sometimes they worry about making a mistake, but damn they are just an amazing family. 

I really cried so much reading this but I was also smiling so freaking much, because the good moments are plentiful and they are in fact so good and beautiful. I would sooo recommend to read this, ESPECIALLY if you love kid fics as much as I do. 

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/19244740/chapters/45762913

Give the author some love!!