The Storm In Us

Ship: jikook, taegi, hopemon

Author: MeMuzak

Word count: 201,003

Genre: dystopia, fantasy, fluff, some smut, angst, soulmate 

Summary:

The city-dome is all that Park Jimin has ever known. He lives as a disappointment to his family, and tries to make the most of what he has. It all changes when he and his best friend Hoseok are attacked by a creature that no one has ever seen before, turning both of their lives upside down.

Thrust into the world of beasts and tamers, they are tasked to fight the creatures. But not everything in the academy is what it seems. Perhaps it's the heavy surveillance and constant medical checkups. Maybe it's the monsters that act nothing like what the textbooks say they should.

All that he knows is that he's never felt as safe as when he's with a certain beast, one whose eyes glow blue like lightning whenever he sees Jimin.

My thoughts:

This story was pretty interesting, I think I actually ended up finishing it in 2 days even though its lengthy. I really loved it because it kind of incorporated dystopian elements with fantasy and soulmates. I really like survival dystopian fics, and while this wasn't so much heavy on the survival element, it was still an interesting take on trying to escape a dystopian society. 

Anyways on to the actual characters. The main couple in this is Jungkook and Jimin, and I kind of find how they came together so cute. Jungkook is labeled as this rebel "creature" who is really violant and but damn it he is actually really freaking adorable and a really good person (he is honestly such an amazing person, but I will let you read and find out yourself just how cute and great he is). Jimin himself is such a freaking badass, and so protective, and just the freaking coolest. I think my favorite couple in this is taegi though, their backstory is just so heartbreaking. I really cried when Tae revealed some shocking news about what had been done to him, gosh I cried so freaking much because Tae is such a sweetheart and he didn't deserve it, but everyone around them are asses. And Yoongi is just so freaking damn protective and respectful, and ugh they are an amazing couple. And of course last but not least hopemon, they were a really cute couple. And they also have their moments of fluff, angst, and romance, while their story is not as sad, there are some sad moments...cause you know...dystopia. 

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/22508347/chapters/53784547

Give the author some love!!

Extra note: this doesn't have anything to do with kpop, but I just watched this new kdrama  called Search WWW, and dang just had to mention it here cause it was so freaking good. Like if you like strong female leads that don't come across as the stereotypical obnoxious type you will love this. The story is based around 3 women, and each one have their own representation of how a woman can be strong, independant, strong and cunning. And the plot itself is also so interesting, the ending was freaking AMAZING, I had goosebumps, it was soooo satisfying. I usually have a hard time keeping up with a show and end up dropping it halfway, but damn Search WWW was absolutely captivating.