The Taming

Ship: yoonmin, vkook, namjin

Author: TheFebruaryRose

Word count: 187,553

Genre: fantasy, dragons, death, angst (HEAVY - but worth it), fluff, slow burn, trauma, war, mythology, violance, romance 

Summary:

Welcome to a different world, a land of fantasy which the long-vanished creatures of our world share with humanity. Three kings shoulder the ultimate burden of keeping these majestic beasts under control. The mighty winged dinosaurs soar under the aegis of the Aerial King; the Terrestrial King walks supreme amongst the flightless and most dangerous of them all, and the Aquatic King reigns over the denizens of the deep, where man may only wander at his life's peril.

Park Jimin stands at the centre of this delicate balance, where law and order survive on a knife's edge. His life is turned upside down when he meets Min Yoongi, a scarred man with a deeply troubled past. Their roller-coaster journey of adventure and self-discovery will draw them closer than either of them imagined possible, intertwining their hearts and destinies and maybe - just maybe - saving their world in the process.

My thoughts:

Ok I'm pretty sure I said in the last update that I have never cried so much during a fic, but that's a lie because I cried just as much for this one. Like get ready for a ride, no joke, shit hits the fan, and then there's fluff, then shit hits the fan again. I freaking LOVE fantasy and this is such an AMAZING fantasy fic, I just love how the author put so much though into not only the characters but also the fantasy world. 

But also speaking of the characters, shit man, the character/relationship development in this is really something. Like freaking damn I was not expecting some of the shit that goes down, and there's kind of hidden character development too (you probably don't know what I mean by that, you just gotta read it to find out). 

This is a slow build and it has a shit tone of angst, like freaking a lot. There is death, trauma, violance, but there's also fluff, romance, freaking DRAGON. Like yes the angst is a lot, and I lost count how many times I had to stop to just collect myself (my mom thinks I am a freaking idiot for crying over a book - good thing she doesn't know that it's a fanfic...), but there's also so much good fluff, so much flufff. Like I said it gets bad then fluffy then real bad then fluff then real real bad...but the ending wraps up the story so nicely. I don't think I have ever been so satisfied with an ending (ok I say that for a lot of fics, but like seriously a really nice ending ok?). 

READ IT, you will not regret it...just be ready for the tears. 

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/16021271/chapters/37389422

Give the author some love!!