That laugh

Amaryllis heard that piercing laugh that haunted her. She was still laying on the hard cold floor. Her blood and mud stained hair sticking to her face. A groan escaped her lips as her green eyes looked around. Then she saw her sitting on her throne with a wide grin across her lips.. Meave. Meave was surrounded by a few guards and besides her throne lay two wolves. Amaryllis heart was racing but she knew she had to play this smart. "Get her on her feet" Meave demanded.

Two guards walked over to Amaryllis. As soon as their feet stopped in front of her she acted quickly and pierced both their foot with a knife and stood up. As the guards screamed she ran past them with her eyes focused on Meave. A few other guards came running to her but she quickly fought them off. When there weren't any guards left Amaryllis ran up the elevation of the throne. The only thing between her and Meave were the two wolves besides the throne. The two wolves stood up and growled at her. Amaryllis grabbed her small sword that looked more like a big needle that was dangling at her side. She looked at the wolves as she was hopping from one foot to another. Suddenly Meave started laughing. "If you set one more step I will kill your brother" Meave chirped. Amaryllis stood still and narrowed her eyes at Meave.

A long time ago before Meave send her to that god forgotten place Amaryllis had come to Meave to find her brother. She had never met her brother the only thing she knew was his name but she still hoped to find him. That off course was before she declined the blood oath, Meave was furious. The next thing she knew she was in another place.

"Why would I believe you" Amaryllis replied bitterly still frozen in her place. Meave smiled and then waved at someone in the shadows behind her. Four Fae male walked out of the shadows and kneeled in front of the throne. Meave pointed at a tall silver haired fae "That is Rowan Whitethorn". Amaryllis eyes widened as she looked at the fae. Then Meave continued: "He is your brother". The silver haired fae looked up confused as he scanned Amaryllis. She was drenched in blood and mud, he could barely distinguish any features.

"You said he died" Amaryllis said softly as she still looked at her brother. Meave only replied with a laugh as she made a gesture to the four males. The three other fae males stood up and walked back to the dark as her brother still kneeled. Then Meave began "You make one move and he will slid his own throat." Amaryllis looked furious at Maeve. "You're sick," she spat. She knew what the blood oath did and that he didn't have a choice. But would Meave sacrifice one of her own warriors? She looked back and forth between Meave and her brother while the other fae male came back out of the dark and approached Rowan. Two of the fae male grabbed Rowan by his arms as they held him steady. Only then Amaryllis saw what the tall darkhaired fae male that still stood behind her brother was holding in his hand... a whip.

"I will offer the blood oath once more, they wont stop until you swear it. " Maeve said slowly as the whipping began. Amaryllis looked at her brother. She saw the pain in his eyes every time the whip tore his flesh apart. He groaned but she knew he tried to not make a sound. If she swore the blood oath she would never be free, she would have to give up her life for a brother she didn't know. But she just couldn't kill him, she didn't want to lose anyone else even if she had never met him before. He was the only family she had left. "Don't" her brother said so soft she could barely hear him. She looked at him once more and then turned around to Meave who was tapping her fingers impatiently "Stop!, I will do it" she said. Meaves smile got bigger as she made a gesture to stop the whipping.

Meave stood up from the throne and walked towards Amaryllis. Amaryllis kneeled down as she swore the blood oath not showing any emotions on her face. When she was done she stood up not able to take a step or look at her brother. "Take them away to their rooms" Maeve ordered the fae males. Only when a blonde, kind looking fae grabbed her shoulders Amaryllis started to move. "Gavriel" he said telling her his name. She nodded once not able to speak and walked next to him following her brother and the two other males each holding one arm to support him. Behind Amaryllis the two wolves now shifted back into their fae form followed them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU FOR READING!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK SO FAR??? I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE NAME AMARYLLIS, WHAT DO YOU THINK? SHOULD I CHANGE IT?