TEST AND BOONS

Sagarika and Arjun finally reached Kailash after loads of traveling. It was truly beautiful the mountains were white, completely covered in snow whereas the forests were green as ever.

Sagarika was in awe seeing the birds and flowers while Arjun was in awe seeing her curious eyes.

"I think we can perform our penance here." Sagarika said.

"Yeah its a nice place." Arjun agreed.

Sagarika and Arjun both have been doing penance to lord Kartik and Mahadev respectively

Sagarika and Arjun both have been doing penance to lord Kartik and Mahadev respectively. There was not a single day for them which wasn't filled with love and devotion.

As always Sagarika was performing hard penance to Lord Kartik in a cave. With closed eyes and in a meditative position she chanted his name.

"Sagarika." Someone called, She opened her eyes and saw Arjun. Weird, he was supposed to be doing penance at this time.

"You here ?" Sagarika asked.

"Can't I come here to see my wife ?" Arjun said coming closer.

"You usually perform your penance at this time." Sagarika said.

"Yes I do but I felt like meeting you." Arjun said sitting beside her.

"You shouldn't come here, we don't have much time to please the gods." Sagarika said getting up. Arjun too got up.

"The gods are pleased trust me." Arjun said.

"What do you mean ?" Sagarika asked.

"Come here." Arjun said seductively.

He puts a hand on her shoulder but surprisingly Sagarika smacked it and pushed him away. She looked at him angrily.

"WHO ARE YOU !?" Sagarika asked as his touch wasn't familiar.

"It's me Arjun, your husband." Arjun said.

"You can't fool me, I know my Rishi Nar." Sagarika said.

"Trust me, its me Arjun." Arjun said getting closer and trying to hold her. But Sagarika backed away.

"Touch me and I shall put a curse on you !" Sagarika warned.

"Don't curse, It's was just a test !" Arjun said hurriedly.

"A test ?" Sagarika asked.

Suddenly a bright blinding light emerged from him. Sagarika shut her eyes down but opened them slowly as it dimmed down a little. She was surprised seeing the deity in front of her, carrying two swords behind his back and a peacock beside him.

"Lord Kartik ! Pranam !" Sagarika bowed.

"Kalyan ho ! What just happened now was a test to see your love for Arjun. And you passed." He said.

"I cannot believe my eyes you heard my prayers." Sagarika said.

"Well I had to, or else Narayan would have been extremely angry with me if I didn't." Lord Kartik chuckled.

"Now ask for a boon and it would be given." Kartik said.

"Lord, give me the knowledge of all the war strategies, battle formations and their counters. Give me all the knowledge of warfare." Sagarika said joining her hands.

"Tathastu." Lord Kartik blessed. A bright light emerged from his palms and was absorbed in Sagarika. He gave her all the wordly knowledge of warfare.

"My lord, can I ask you a question ?" Sagarika asked.

"Certainly." Lord Kartik smiled.

"You said that the gods are pleased with our prayers. Is it true ?" Sagarika asked.

"See for yourself." Lord Kartik said, gesturing her to go outside the cave.

They both made their way outside and found Mahadev giving Arjun the Pashupatastra, Indradev too was there. They all turned their heads and found Kartik and Sagarika looking at them.

"Thank you Mahadev." Sagarika said. Not just for the Pashupatastra but also for Rishi Nar.

"Kalyan ho !" Mahadev blessed knowingly.

"Arjun ! Come here." Lord Kartik said. Arjun came and stood beside Sagarika. Lord Kartik faced them smiling.

"I am so happy from your penance that I want to give you something more." Lord Kartik said.

"What my lord ?" Arjun asked.

"Move your hands forward and close your eyes." Lord Kartik said they did the same.

Suddenly they felt someone in their arms, they both opened their eyes and were astonished seeing two beautiful babies. Arjun carried a girl while Sagarika carried a boy.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
AWWW OUR BABIES GOT BABIES !! WAIT DOES THAT MEAN WE ARE GRAND PARENTS NOW ?! OH WELL WHO CARES AS LONG AS THEY BOTH ARE HAPPY !!