three

((Amber's outfit))

Chapter Three: Babysit

Dad has left for work a lot of hours ago. I told him to tell any of his coworkers that I offered to babysit today. So if any of them needed anyone to babysit their child, I was available. Though the kid needed to be about three years and or above, because I couldn't deal with younger kids when they needed their mommy.

Once I hear keys being stuck into the front door, I instantly knew that dad was home. So I ran towards the door, pulling it open before dad could open it himself.

"Did anyone need babysitting?" I immediately ask when we come face to face, "Please tell me that someone did! The day is almost over and I haven't done anything!"

He chuckles, entering the house and closing the door behind him, "Someone did."

"Yes!" I jump up and down, clapping my hands like a retarded seal, my hair bouncing,

"Now get changed," Dad reminds me. "I'll drive you there."

I frantically run to my room, I tripped once or twice, but I was in no pain whatsoever. I simply changed into a white dress, before running back into the living room. Dad wasn't there when I arrived, so I headed outside, seeing him already in his car.

I opened the car door, sitting inside, before closing it again. "Let's go."

The ride was short and loud, us just shouting to popular music on the radio. But before I knew it, we arrived. Dad parked the car, but I was already out before he could turn the ignition off.

I was quite excited for this. I've always loved children, but I've never had the chance to take care of one. The closest I got to a baby was just admiring one when I was once on a bus, or hanging with my five year old cousin, but he was no baby.

Dad gets out of the car, walking up to the door and ringing the doorbell for me. In no time a woman opens the door. She had a bright smile on her face, instantly making me like her.

"You must be Amber," she acknowledges me, shaking my hand. "Patrick here, speaks fondly of you."

"You do, dad?" I tease, nudging him. Which he only chuckles to.

"Anyway, you're okay with watching Alice for me tonight right, sugar?" She asks, "I hope its no trouble. She can be---"

"I'd love to watch her for you," I interrupt her. I didn't want her saying anything that could possible make me hate this. I'm bubbling with excitement and I didn't want her ruining it.

"That's great. Thank you so much," she thanks me. Then she looks like she remembered something, "Goodness! I forgot to introduced myself. How silly of me. Call me Thalia, dear."

"Okay."

"Alice!" She shouts for her daughter, before looking back at me, "She'll be out shorty, but I really must get going. Thanks again." And with those words, she heads for the door.

"I think you can take care of yourself, kiddo," Dad gives me a reassuring smile.

"Bye, dad." I smile at him, watching as he walks to the door and closes it behind him.

"Amber?"

My head spins the other way, my eyes widening when I see Tanner holding a little girl in his arms.

"Tanner?"

"You're the babysitter?" He questions.

"Mhmm," I grin, seeing the cutest little girl in his arms.