seven

Chapter Seven: Fall In Love

Fall in love.

This was it. The last thing on my list. As cliché as this sounds, I expected to complete this list with Travis, and that we'd end up together right after. But I was wrong. And I really like Tanner, not him.

The thing is, its not love. I hate to say this. But this list might not be finished by today.

Tanner is a great guy. But all that I feel is admiration and friendship for him. Though, we kissed. Does that mean he thinks I like him?

I'll have to find out, I guess.

I exit my room, walking passed the kitchen, but walked back where I came from. Staring at the people in the kitchen.

Dad sat there... but he wasn't alone.

Tanner sat there too, he was looking at me sympathetically and he looked worried. Thalia was here too. She had a wide grin on her face, and had Alice on her lap.

"What's going on?" I slowly say, not bothering to sit with them.

"Sweetie, join us," Dad motioned to the chair beside him. And I do as told.

"Okay," Thalia breathed in, "We have to tell you something."

Dad continues for her, "This might change a lot of things but its best you know."

"Dammit," Tanner stands from his chair, his hands on the table. "My mom and Patrick are getting married."

"Tanner!" Thalia scolded him.

He shrugged, grinning, "Sorry. You guys took long."

"What?" I nearly shout, my nostrils flaring.

"Are you mad?" Dad looked nervous.

I laughed, a grin ony face, "I'm just kidding." I received glares, bit I ignore it. "I know this is a huge step, and it even shocks me,  but I don't care. This is great. I've lived most of my life without a mother, and I want one. And Thalia here, is a great mother. Plus, Tanner and Alice will be great siblings." I inhale, "But like I said, this is a big step, but I support it."

Everyone in the room smiled, even Alice! Though I can tell she doesn't known what's going on.

***

I hear a knock on my door, instantly knowing it was dad, but I was proven wrong when Tanner talks in.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"I don't wanna seem big headed or anything. But if there was or were anything between us, I'm actually sad its over," he admits. "But the thing is, we were more like friends than a couple."

"Maybe that's a good thing," I lightly punch hid arm, "brother."

I reach out and hug him. Life will clearly be different with them around. But its a good kind of different.

Normal people would 'need some time to think' about this. But I don't. If they want to get married, then I'm guessing they have secretly been together a lot. And I liked that family.

I really do.

Though... I didn't get to finish my ToDo list. It doesn't matter anyway, its not the end of the world.

It was a beginning of a new family.

I'm just smiling in Tanner's arms when he decides to kill the moment.

"Hey! I'm not your brother until mom and Patrick are married!"

_________________________________________________________

Sorry, Tamber is now dead ... and buried. :'(

But idk I liked this ending. Besides, if I made her end up with Tanner, then the next books will be boring. And I plan on writing a whole series. Meaning, a lot of book. Besides, I warned ya that this wasn't about love. :P

Dont worry though, Amber will settle down with the right guy one day. ;)

Question: Are ya disappointed with this chap? :/

Btw, watch out for the epilogue!!

((Amber happy being single))