| 08

Living with Draco Malfoy was not as horrible as I had once anticipated it to be. It wasn't ideal, but it beat the alternative. Pansy had left for the time being, alleviating my stress tenfold. Whether her departure was voluntarily or by force, I still didn't have the answer. It was the one thing that Malfoy refused to talk about.

With Draco starting his volunteer work at St Mungo's the past week, I had found myself with lots of down time that, to my dismay, Theodore Nott was desperate to fill. At one point in time Theo was my best friend in the entire world. I think that's why he was trying so hard to get me to like him again. He wanted us to pick up right where we left off, but so much had changed since then. I had changed so much since then that I wasn't sure it was at all possible.

"All I am saying is that you are not that fun anymore, Rory." Theo scowled as he followed me through the flat. I couldn't get away from him, "You don't want to do anything except mope around here. It's sad."

"You go into Azkaban and try to see if you come out the other side fun." I snapped.

"Let it go, mate." Theo rolled his eyes, "You weren't there for that long."

"Shut up." I seethed. He didn't understand, not that he ever could. "I also just had my boyfriend and best friend cheat on me with each other. I think I'm entitled to some wallowing." I reminded him.

"Aidan and Camille both suck. Get over it." Theo groaned.

"Will you two ever quit arguing? It's been two weeks straight of this." Draco complained as he walked into the apartment. He looked exhausted and his hair was disheveled which was a rare sight for the boy who always looked perfectly put together. Working at St Mungo's was not an easy job, and as a former Death Eater, it can be really demoralizing because none of the patients there want anything to do with you.

"It's her fault."

"No it isn't."

"Yes, it is."

"No-"

"Quit acting like children!" Draco snapped at the two of us. "I've just had to worst week of my life and I don't want to hear this anymore."

"Really?" Blaise raised a brow as he joined our group in the foyer, "The worst week of your entire life? There's been nothing worse?"

Draco turned red in both anger and embarrassment, "Well, maybe not the worst, but..." He trailed off and looked out the window to calm himself. He didn't want to keep bringing up the past. I think my presence in his life again was enough of a reminder for all of us here.

"Whatever. It doesn't matter." I rolled my eyes, "Get ready to go, all of you. We're having a night out. I think it's needed."

"We are?" Theo asked excitedly, "Are we finally going to go see some underground troll wrestling? I'm ready to place some bets and win some galleons. I'm feeling lucky."

"Absolutely not." I scoffed at his absurdity, "I'm planning the night out, and all you need to know is you should dress nicely. Understood?" The boys all nodded and headed to their respective rooms to get dressed. I sighed and went to my own just as well. I took my time getting ready to go out. It was still so early in the evening, and I wanted to look my very best. I desperately needed a night out more than anything, and I wasn't the only one in the flat feeling that way. Theo reminded me of that fact far too often.

I was finally ready to stop sulking and to start letting loose a little bit. I put on a silk slip-dress that hugged my every curve, and a matching set of heels. I did my makeup, and added a sultry, deep red lip that I knew would be irresistible. When I finally left my room, all three mouths of my roommates dropped open in awe. That was the exact reaction I was hoping for. There was no need for amortentia when you looked this good.