Chapter 21: Southern France

Rain was pouring down now as some of the Bellas walked back towards the hotel they were staying at. They had just finished a group dinner together because it was their last night in Southern France before they had to leave and go back to the United States.

Beca and Emily went off to work with their new friend Theo, who was helping Beca with her performance later tonight. Beca and Emily had gotten close to Theo over the last two weeks and Theo managed to get Emily signed with DJ Khaled's label, in addition with landing a job for Beca as a producer with Khaled himself.

Over the last two weeks, Theo has helped Emily to comfort Beca with the Chloe situation, which really hasn't seemed to get any better. Thankfully for Beca and Chloe, Theo wasn't looking for anything romantic with Beca, which made it a whole lot easier.

--------------------

"So how did it work out with Beca?" Aubrey asked Chloe as they walked side by side, letting Flo and Amy walk a little bit in front of them.

"Umm... I haven't... talked to her about it yet actually." Chloe said guiltily, knowing well that Aubrey would rip her apart for this. Aubrey didn't say anything at first. She let out a lond, long sigh and stopped walking for a moment, and Chloe stopped too. Aubrey took a deep breath in as if she was trying to calm herself down, then she erupted.

"What the FUCK, Chloe! What the fuck are you doing?!?!?!"

"I- I-" Chloe started but she didn't have time to think of anything to say before Aubrey cut her off.

"Goddamn it Chloe! Are you trying to fuck up Beca's whole fucking life?!?!?! Aubrey fired away at Chloe, not bothering with the looks they were getting from the Bellas who were a little bit in front of them on the sidewalk.

"Aubrey, I can ex-" Chloe started to speak again but Aubrey wouldn't have it.

"I don't want to FUCKING hear it Chloe! I'm sorry but you're a fucking idiot! Beca loves you. Don't do this to her." Aubrey scolded. She was more intense now than Chloe had ever seen in her in the ten years that they had known each other. With that, Aubrey began to walk off once again towards Amy and Flo who were waiting at the door to the hotel up ahead of them.

"Aubrey! Wait! Please!" Chloe called out as Aubrey continued away from her.

"Get your head out of your ass Chloe, it's not a hat." Aubrey said as she closed the door behind her, leaving Chloe standing alone in the rain outside of their hotel. Deep down inside, Chloe knew she should have told Beca about what Aubrey told her a few weeks ago. To tell the truth, she was completely torn apart inside. She desperately wanted to tell Beca everything about how she felt, but something told her she shouldn't. And sadly, she listened to that something.

--------------------

As soon Chloe got to her room, she took out her phone to text Aubrey. Luckily, she had about an hour until Chicago came back from his night out with his friends from the army, so she had some time to herself. She began to type but she realized that it wouldn't really be appropriate to do it over text. After some deliberation, she called Aubrey.

"Aubrey we need to talk." Chloe blurted out before Aubrey could tee off on her again.

"Fine. I'll hold off on cussing you out until I've heard what you have to say." Aubrey said, annoyance clear and evident in her voice.

"Look, I know I fucked up by not telling Beca, and belive me, I want to tell her more than anything." Chloe started, tears already welling up in her eyes just from the thought of what she must be doing to Beca.

"Well then... If you want to tell her so bad, why haven't you done it already?"

"Umm... well I got with Chicago because I couldn't get over Beca. I was still in love with her and I was afraid I would never get to be with her. I was excited by Chicago because I could have an actual life with him. I wanted to get married and I couldn't see that happening with Beca because we had broken apart and I was afraid she wouldn't love me after I left her to go to vet school." Said a choked up Chloe.