Crossovers

Wow, I haven't updated in a while. I'm sorry for that. 

1. Do...........make your paragraphs digestible. This goes for all writing,  but crossovers tend to have a lot of indigestible paragraphs, so I'd thought I'd put it here.

Don't make your paragraphs super long and arduous. Make them easy to read, and based around an action or idea. 

One sentence paragraphs can be a statement. 

Two can be a descriptor. 

And more than that can really be anything. 

2. Don't............make your OCs annoying. Not all crossovers have OCs of course, but a lot of them do, so that's why I'm including this rule. And of course, if your OC is supposed to be annoying, skip as much as you like. 

There are multiple degrees of annoyingness you want to avoid. 

First, if a character is annoyingly perfect, that's very annoying. I know I've said this before, but let me just say this again, don't make your character Mary Sue. Don't let them be popular, pretty, kind, smart, and capable. Let them have some flaw that makes sense. 

Second, if a flaw tends to be super annoying, then maybe not include it. If you are trying to have a character that readers can like, try not to make them super vain or rude. Or if they are, why do they? Come up with a reason that they are that way. Something in their back story that makes them that way. 

Third, if a character is one dimensional, that it even worse. Normally, this seems to occur when writing a stereotype as a character. For example, the little sister stereotype. If a character is only the annoying little sister, then isn't she kind of boring? Little sisters are more than that. 

3. Do.........consider your word choice. Again, this applies to all stories, but this one in particular. 

Word Choice is tricky. It needs to be vivid, but not overly graphic. It needs to be simple, but not repetitive. I could go on and on with these contradictions. 

For example, if you are seeing a blue dress, you don't want to be overly descriptive. You want a simple description that gives enough information. 

4. Don't.......use too many fandoms in one crossover. I think that two or three is a good number, and maybe four. But please, no more than that. 

If your OC is Captain America's daughter, but also a daughter of some goddess, and blessed by another one, but also somehow a wizard and dating a vampire, that might be a little too much. 

Having so many fandoms is exhausting. It's hard to keep track of them, so only use the right amount. 

5. Do..............try not to use these overused prompts:

- Demigods go to Hogwarts. Don't get me wrong, a lot of these are pretty great, but I've seen way to many of them. 

- The Avengers have to protect something to do with another fandom. I don't really read Avengers fan fiction, but my friends tell me that's what normally happens.

- One Direction adopts a girl, romance blah blah blah, and somehow she's a vampire/werewolf/some other weird thing

So I don't have many overused prompts, as I don't read many of these stories, but try to follow most of the rules above, and I think you should likely be good. 

Sorry for not updating and such a short chapter, but oh well. See you next time!