chapter ten

Melody Hunter

"What the fuck mate, that's my little sister" Theo shouts, beginning to strut towards the bed. Leo quickly pulls the covers over my body before he's being pushed off the bed by my brother.

"Theo, calm down" I try, sitting up to search for my shirt. Leo is standing like a barrier between me and my brother who has smoke coming out of his ears from anger.

"Shut up, Mel! God, I'm not even surprised you're fucking my best friend"

"Hey!" Leo shouts at his best friend "don't talk to her like that"

"Like what? An attention greedy whore who can't keep her hands off my friends?" I pull my shirt over my head with a gasp. The large lump in my throat bounce back, my body is filled with anger towards Theo. Before Leo even begins to speak, I step in his way, facing my brother.

"Don't act like you're the fucking boss of me, I'm an adult and you slut shaming your sister is fucking pathetic" The whole room is filled with anger, except Owen who's just standing by the door watching the events happening before him.

"I swear to god, Mel" Theo's hands are clenched in fists but I'm not scared of standing up to him. All I really want is to charge at him, punching his stupid face for calling me a whore.

I'm seconds away from slapping him when I feel two hands on my waist, pulling me back.

"Melody" his voice is calm, trying to ease my anger but I can feel how tense his muscles are. He's just as angry as I am.

"Oh hell nah, man" Theo reaches forward, gripping my wrist before pulling my behind him. "Get your hands off my fucking sister" Theo pushes Leo against his chest, having Leo stumble back a few steps.

I turn to look at Owen. He looks at me with sorrow. I know those eyes means he feels hurt, he has every reason to be because I lied to him.

But he doesn't do anything. He let's the scene unpack before him because he knows it isn't his place to interfere, he knows I can fight my own battles.

"Is this what you've been doing behind my back? Paying for her ticket just so you can get in her pants? Then what? You're gonna leave her with a broken heart like every other guy has in this world, fuck no"

"Theo" I hear Leo say, his voice is calmer than he looks.

"Literally anyone and you choose her" he shouts as if I'm not there. "Leo, tell me you didn't sleep with my little sister"

"I didn't, but i will eventually, not becau-" Theo doesn't even let him finish because as soon as those words left his mouth a fist goes flying to the air and hits Leo across the face.

"Oh my god, Theo!" I scream, watching Leo bend down in pain. I rush towards his side, putting my hands on each of my cheeks but he pulls me away.

Leo charges towards my brother, another fist goes flying, this one hits Theo's jaw.

"Stop! Both of you" I scream and Owen finally interfere. He pulls his brother away from mine while I hold onto Theo's forearms stopping him from going at Leo again.

Me and Owen stand in between them as anger causes through their veins.

"I can't believe you guys did that, fuck" I hear Owen mumble under his breath.