Ch 12

I was lying down on my bed. Forcing my eyes to sleep but they were too reluctant to shut. My thoughts keep on revolving around that strange guy.

Who was he?? Did I read his lips right?? I don't know why but I really feel like he can lead me to my mother. 

I look to my side to find Taehyung sleeping peacefully. Looks like he's in a deep sleep. 

I carefully get up, making sure I don't disturb my king, then I head outside to my balcony.

I open the door and step out in the dazzling wind. The cold wind carried some warmth with it, which made me feel at ease. I stare at the night sky, full of peaceful stars, lighting up my anxious soul. Stargazing has always been so calming to me. Making me think again of my small existence in this vast space.

My mind stumbles back to some memories.

Flashback

(15 years ago)

The lady, to which my mother handled me, took me inside a room.

I wasn't alone, other children of my age were also there, happily playing together, while I came crying, with my head down.

The lady showed me my bed and told me that I could call her Ms.Lee.

Ms. Lee- Call me whenever you need something. Make some friends here and be happy. I hope you get along with the children well. All the best.

She said to me with a beautiful smile. She looked really sweet and loving but, the only thing which I craved at that moment was my mother. Everything else was useless.

I sat at my bed with my head hung low, sobbing quietly. Other children approached me but I was reluctant to do anything at that moment. Eventually, everyone gave up and started again with their games.

I didn't eat my dinner. Ms. Lee understood what I was going through at that moment and didn't force me.

It was night and everyone else was sleeping, hugging their teddys. But I was sobbing quietly, missing my mum.

Why did she leave me? Am I a bad girl? She doesn't love me anymore? Where did she go? Will she ever come back to take me? 

All this roamed in my mind, killing me from inside.

That's when I felt a small hand tapping on my shoulder. I cleared my tears and looked back to face the child. The little boy passed me a beautiful smile.

Little Boy- Come with me.

Little Y/n- Where?

Little Boy- Just come with me.

Then he held my wrist and dragged me out of my bed. He took me out of the room, out in an open space. It was a small garden, situated at the back of the orphanage. 

There was a wooden ladder there. He started to climb up.

Little Y/n- What are you doing? You'll hurt yourself.

Little Boy- Don't worry and follow me.

Little Y/n- But I'm scared.

Little Boy- Don't worry, I'm here.

He passed me a beautiful smile. As if nothing was wrong. Everything was safe and pleasing. As if he'll never let anything happen to me and always save me. I unconsciously trusted him. I followed as he said and copied what he was doing. I got a small cut on my wrist while climbing but I continued without making a sound. He reached the rooftop and extended his hands to help me climb up. I held it and he pulled me up.