30

His vision is a bit blurry when Yoongi finally unwraps his hands from his eyes. He opens them slowly, eyelids fluttering, trying to adjust to the bright room. His heart skips a beat in his chest when he looks around his surroundings.

The room was decorated with pastel coloured balloons, four big helium balloons hanging in the middle of the wall spelling out 'BABY'. The wooden table filled with numerous delicacies and in between them sat a beautiful cake. 

He stands there in front of the door in surprise, not even noticing how the tears have already started to form.

" It's so beautiful." 

He whispers once he's successful in containing his emotions. He could feel his baby greeting him with flutter kicks indicating that they too liked the surprise.

He turns around to hug Yoongi, it was unexpected of him but the sudden rush of emotions made him do it. His hands wrapped around the older's neck and his face buried in his chest.

" Thank you." 

His voice came out muffled against Yoongi's body. Yoongi wraps his own hands around Jimin, moving them in an up and down motion.

Taehyung and Jungkook eyes them from a corner, big smiles plastered on their faces as they give each other a little high five.

" Hey, we're still here." 

Taehyung separates them out, scooping Jimin into his own arms.

" You should thank me and Jungkook too. We both decorated the room on our own." 

He says proudly, happy with the way Jimin reacted to their little surprise.

" Thank you." 

He looks at Taehyung and then at Jungkook who just gives him a shy smile, his fingers scratching the back of his ear in nervousness.

" Now take a seat. We're gonna officially start the baby shower." 

Jimin takes a seat on the big sofa positioned behind the table.

" Okay so I'll be the first one to go since I have the best friend privilege." 

He picks up one of the bags that lay on the side table, unnoticed by Jimin's gaze.

Taehyung sits just inches apart from Jimin, he leans over to his belly, bringing his face down.

" Hello baby. It's your favorite uncle." 

As if the baby understood what he was saying, he received a kick in response, like the baby was saying hello back to him. He looks up at Jimin with his shiny eyes on feeling the baby respond back to him. It's a foreign feeling for him.

" You sure are an energetic baby." 

He giggles once again on receiving another kick.

" Here, uncle Taetae brought you some presents." 

Jimin opens the brown package with excitement overspilling, he takes out the first piece of clothing, it was a cute little romper with floral print. He looks at Taehyung with his grateful eyes. This all means so much to him.

Taehyung gestures to him to look at the other gifts too. This time he took out a white jumpsuit with a koala print. The clothing only makes him long to have his baby in his arms as soon as possible. He takes out another onesies 'Tiny and Treasured' spelled out in its front. 

" Tae.." 

His voice quivers as he holds the soft fabric in between his fingers.

" Thank you." 

He quickly wipes off the forming tears, hugging his best friend tightly with a big smile.

" I see you're still a crybaby." 

Taehyung earns a smack from Jimin for that. They both burst out into laughter making Jungkook and Yoongi smile along with them.

" It's my turn now." 

Jungkook stands behind Taehyung, a beautiful pink box resting in his hands.

" I hope you'll like it." 

Jimin takes the box from his hands, he opens it slowly and gently even though his curiosity was getting the best of him.

The box revealed a big bunny plushie, it's big doe eyes sparkling as if staring at Jimin, it's cheeks covered with pink tint and big ears plopped down along its face. It just looks like a mini Jungkook to him. Soft and cute.

" It's so cute." 

He raises it up in the sky, smiling at the thought of his baby cuddling with it.

Jimin takes Jungkook's hand and places it on his bump.

" Baby that's uncle Jungkook. Say hi." 

They stay idle for a second, before the baby reacts with a kick.

" Wow."

Jungkook looks at his hand in surprise, his eyes so big as if they're about to pop out.

Yoongi looks over at the scene with a fond smile when he feels Taehyung pushing him towards Jimin.

Jungkook slides over towards Taehyung letting Yoongi sit next to Jimin. 

" It's not something big but I hope you like it." He plops down the tiny box into Jimin's lap. 

Jimin traces his finger along the shiny gift wrap before finally unwrapping it. The gift unwrapped to the most beautiful pair of baby shoes Jimin has ever seen. The yellow faux fur that goes upto half way on the shoes making up little ears. The blue ribbon that forms a bow on top of them and a little glitter to sum it up. Everything about it is just so perfect.

" I know it's just a shoe-" 

Yoongi feels weird when Jimin stares at the shoes for a long time. Maybe he doesn't like them ? He probably should have gone for something else. He reaches out towards the box to take them back but Jimin is quick to grab his hand.

" Hyung.." 

He cuts him off before he could feel insecure about it. 

" It's perfect...Thank you." 

He stares into Yoongi's eyes as if trying to tell him how much it means to him. 

The baby shoes are placed in between both their hands. Their eyes are already lost within each other as if trying to search for each other's soul.

Jungkook sees it as the best moment and clicks a picture. A beautiful picture conveying the story of two persons who could be a great family, if only one of them is brave enough to speak about their feelings.

They're just a step away from attaining the maximum happiness, but both are hesitant to do so. Afraid that their one step forward might lead the other to take four steps backwards.

If only they knew what the other has been hiding inside their heart...