chapter[30]

Yeosang's POV

The situation didn't go as planned from the beginning...

4 pm it said... but 5 minutes after San had arrived at 3:20 pm the earth underneath us started shaking.

"This isn't an earthquake, is it?" I slowly asked feeling the tensed atmosphere. Seonghwa's and San's expression was enough to tell me that this definitely wasn't an earthquake. They suddenly got pale, eyes cold and fixed on the wide scenary in front of them.

"Yeosang... stand back." was the only thing the ravenette said and positioned himself in front of me.
To be honest, in that moment I got scared despite the encouragement that I had given the other's before... it didn't feel real.

A second later the ground, about 300 meters away from us, exploded creating a giant cloud of smoke. The sound was like thunder right in front of us and it hurt my ears. I could even feel the explosion wave that came at us.
When I opened my eyes again I tried seeing through all the smoke but it seemed nearly impossible. Instead I noticed giant ice spines raining from the sky right where there had to be a hole in the ground now.

"Where are they?" San asked letting his eyes roam around every tree and rock that could be used as a hiding place... but Seonghwa and me were clueless.

The question was explained by itsself really soon though when a group of blue dressed fighters appeared out of no where next to a large rock.
One of them aimed his ice power against that exact rock making it burst into thousands of pieces.

"They are inside the rocks!" I then realized when about 10 red dressed fighters jumped out of their hideout, attacking the water clan right away.

A minute later I could see massive waves burrying and drowning people while others were burned alive in the flame that destroyed everything.
"We need to do something." San stated with panic sounding in his voice. The fight had already started, people were already dying and more and more where appearing from their hideouts.
It was a masacre...

Seonghwa clenched his fists and took a deep breath.
"We need to get to the center of the fight. It's like the prophecy said, we need to step between the fronts." he explained and a worried expression spread on his face when he turned around to me.
"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I assured him knowing he feared that I'd get hurt.
"Especially if we protect him." San put his hand on Seonghwa's shoulder trying to encourage him.
I trusted them with my life and I knew they would give everything they've got to get me through there alive...
"Alright..." Seonghwa grabbed my hand.
"Stay close to me and never get stopped by anything. If someone is dying next to you, ignore it. If San is staying behind, don't wait for him." he demanded and I nodded trying to accept what I had to do... however, I knew it'd not be easy.

A dark cloud formed over our heads as the sky became black and bolts shot from the sky. The wind blew stronger than ever before and the smoke raised up higher than any building in Seoul... how were we supposed to get through there? It was literally impossible...

Author's POV

Chan stood right in the middle of this chaos and created a wave under his feet to get a better look. He wasn't here to attack the fire clan but to protect his people as good as he was able to.
Close to him he spotted a unit of fire clan fighters running at a group of his people.
With a movement of his arm he controlled the water inside the earth under their feet and made it rise up to a small hill causing the enemies to fall, not being able to cross that hill. Then Chan made another wave appear from the ground, that was larger than the one he was standing on. He aimed it at those fighters and swept them away hundreds of meters before they were out of his sight.
It was a pain to him fighting anyone but he still valued his friends life more than any other.