chapter [7]

Seonghwa' POV

Just as I thought the conversation with my father didn't go well. He got really mad at me, telling me I shouldn't have tried to fight them on my own but I didn't even know the exact reason for his anger. Every time I wanted to ask if dad knew something about the water clan the only things he said were 'don't mess with them or the whole world is gonna get involved', 'they're an organisation like we are but they won't hesitate to kill', 'they want to break you because you are my son', 'I don't wanna lose you too' and so on. But I wasn't mum. I'd be more careful... back then she got caught up with a dangerous gang and ended up being killed along with Yunho's parents but I wouldn't end up that way. I was one of the strongest members of our family and could easily care for myself.
Luckily, Yunho didn't tell dad anything about what happend to Yeosang because I asked him to, so at least I didn't have to deal with that.

However, Yunho and I didn't get away with only scolding. Honestly, it made me feel bad that he was being punished although I messed up but we were a team so the punishment would affect both of us.

"You can't take jobs for the next few weeks because it's too dangerous."
Dad started and Yunho gave me the 'seriously?' stare before the old man continued.
"Therefore you're gonna spend your time working at a safer place for now. It's not like I'm not allowing you to take any job but everything involving secret investigation or delivery at dark, deserted or open places is prohibited."
"But how are we supposed to survive then?" I overdramaticly asked with a begging stare but father didn't drop his strict attitude.

"My friend from KQ said he'd need a few people working and helping out so I decided to send Yunho to the security team and you, Seonghwa will work as a personal assistent and manager for one of the idols." he emotionlessly explained leaving no room to complain but I tried anyways.
"Why do I get the annoying and stressing job?!"
"Because apparently lots of managers for Kang Yeosang quit their job because that guy is hard to deal with. I thought you'd be the perfect person to do it since nobody ever managed to top you in terms of self-confidence and stubbornness." the slightest bit of a blissful smile formed on dad's face and I really wanted to punch his guts but I loved him too much.
However... Kang Yeosang?! Seriously?! Why had it to be him again... of all friggin idols under KQ!!!

"Have fun." Yunho laughed and I ellbowed him hardly... at least I could find out more about Yeosang and whatever powers he holds that way.

Author's POV

"Hongjoong, we did everything you told us to but he didn't show any sign of further power than his blue fire."
San told his leader and best friend who sat in a chair, his hands massaging his tempels. Instead of blonde he had colored his hair in a dark red but his eyes were just as intimidating blue as San's. It was a trait that came with being in the water clan just like the blonde hair.

"It's fine... there is no doubt that Park Seonghwa is the Pheonix chosen by the spirits so his powers will develop eventually. Mum said it will take time so for now we can only wait and watch. The confrontation with water magic must have triggered his hidden magic."
Hongjoong explained seeming calm about the situation but yet really serious. Although he was the strongest and the leader in this clan, his mother had more power than him since she was the oldest member. She was the most important person to Hongjoong and he wouldn't rest until he took revenge on the fire clan for hurting her.

San looked at his feet for a second before speaking up again. He wasn't finished telling what happend yet.
"But I think there is a potential obstacle in our plan..."
That comment made the red haired leader's eyes narrow. He didn't like when things didn't go as planned.
"What do you mean with that?"