chapter [27]

Yeosang's POV

I was running through the grey fog restless escaping from where I had come from. The situation with the fire clan had gotten out of hand after I talked to Bougie and the leader... people were killed... it wouldn't have taken long until I was killed if it hadn't been for Soyeon.

Cold tears were running down my face while I ran aimlessly through the streets before I entered a Café that was near the subway station.

Taking a deep breath I felt the comforting warmth and took in the fragrance of hot chocolate and coffee.
What was I even doing here? Why did I go there in the first place?!
The uncomfortable feeling in my chest didn't go away no matter how hard I tried.

It was already late in the evening when I started wondering what Seonghwa would do now. There was no doubt he was angry... they killed Linda after all...

Suddenly my vision glitched.

A dark tunnel, empty subway tracks...
A mint haired person was entering the door that I remembered as Seonghwa's home...

I didn't need a lot of time to get what I just saw. The place looked exactly like the vision I had before... the same tunnel, the same person.
But what was Yunho doing there right now?! Was it even right now? I didn't know.

And again my vision glitched.

"The change is decided by action, spirited one."

A strange voice sounded in my ear. I couldn't identify whether it was male or female, a child or an adult.

The change... the change of destiny.
These words had to mean something and I couldn't shake of the panic that made me want to do something.

There was no more time to waste. Whatever this thing that talked to me was, it made me realize some things.
The future wasn't written yet. There was a chance the tragedy that will happen in that tunnel wouldn't happen... I just had to be fast enough... or Yunho would be killed and I would die along with him.
In that moment I just knew that now was time.

I could never let that happen, there was already so much that went terribly wrong this whole time. It couldn't end like this, there was still hope!
People might have thought I lost my marbles slamming open the door to the subway station and pushing through the crowd as if the people were not there.
Actually, I had wondered why of all places my feet took me to the Café close to here but now it made sense...
Even in my darkest times the spirits were helping me, I just didn't realize it always.

Like a mad man I jumped on the subway tracks in front of all people and started running down the dark tunnel.
Some were yelling after me, other's were just minding their own business waiting for the next train.
But in the end, I simply deleted them from my vision and kept heading straight forward until after a few minutes I started hearing voices.

It was true... it was actually true, they are here! I realized in thoughts and hid myself in the shadows from where I could observe the situation unnoticed.
Even though the situation was urgent there was no benefit from directly running into them unprepared and without a plan... I had learned that much in the last few weeks.

There they were, Seonghwa and Hoongjoong standing infront of an old iron door that I knew led to the boy's old home. I couldn't really make out their faces but from Seonghwa's posture alone I could conclude that he was not in a good mood... obviously.
Just when he was about to pull open the door it suddenly opened on it's own revealing Yunho himself, out of words for a second.
In the faint light of a lamp I could see his cold eyes and sad expression that turned into anger the next second.