Chapter 8 - Alive and well

Da'nanuel stood there, his green and white torso damp and wet, his cape dripping with water. His spectacles somehow managed to survive the fall, but they were crooked and uneven.

"Da'nanuel! You're alive" Both Da'ven and Messiaharm said at once, they were joyful to see that he was alive.

"This means we can prove your innocence, if you had died I don't know what we'd do" Da'ven said.

But Da'nanuel didn't say a single word, he just stood there oddly.

"Da'nanuel... are you ok?" Messiaharm asked, then took one step towards him.

A cloud of dust surrounded Da'nanuel's body, and out the smoke came a woman with a white bandana over her mouth, and nose area, no pupils and purple eyes. She had a loaf of bread carved into her head, almost like a kind of tattoo.

"Ta-da, Saroa is here!" She said, spreading her arms in the air.

Da'ven and Messiaharm stood there baffled, at what just happened.

"What, you've never seen a magician? When they do a trick you're usually supposed to-"

"We have no time for your silly tricks, tell us where Da'nanuel is and we might let you live" Da'ven said.

"Silly tricks? That was amazing what are you-"
Da'ven glared at Messiaharm, so he stopped talking.

"Your friend seems pretty interested," She said, taking a step closer.

Da'ven held out his steel bread daggers, Messiaharm picked up a steel bread war hammer from the ground and gripped it tightly.

She pulled out her own weapons, two short swords made entirely out of bread steel.

"You're outnumbered" Da'ven pointed out, but she didn't seem to mind.

"Tell you what from all of the pathetic white bread bandits who lost to you in your previous battle. I can tell you know a little about fighting. So here's the deal, if both of you can best me in a fight, I'll tell you where your friend is."

Messiaharm just laughed, but Da'ven stood there a little intimidated by how confident she was, this must have meant she was a very skilled fighter.

Messiaharm, rushed at Sora, first swinging his war hammer wildly at her, but she used his momentum against him, and simply dodged to the right, ducked, and tripped him.

Messiaharm fell to the ground, his war hammer falling out of his hands.

Da'ven simply watched, observing her moves, trying to find a weak stop in her offense.

Messiaharm, grabbed his war hammer and stood up straight.

He swung it again, likewise the same thing happened and she swept him off his feet, and raised her swords in the air, Da'ven kicked her in the back causing her to roll on the ground momentarily. Messiaharm held his hand out, for Da'ven to pull him back up but he just ignored him and went after the woman.

Every attack Da'ven tried was blocked, by her swords, he tried fast attacks because slow power attacks was how Messiaharm lost.

"Messiaharm help me!" Da'ven shouted, but Messiaharm stood there and watched like Da'ven did.

Fed up, Da'ven thrusted his dagger for a power attack not even realizing what he was doing, the woman backed up and then kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying through the air.

Da'ven groaned, then jumped up from the ground.

"What the heck was that? I asked for help and you just ignored me?"

Da'ven walks slowly towards Messiaharm with anger in his eyes.

"Me? You did the same exact thing!"

"I was trying to observe her moves, while you went in willy nilly, swinging that stupid hammer around!"

Da'ven and Messiaharm started arguing, but when Da'ven looked to see where Saroa was he saw that she was gone.