Chapter 9 - The Truth

Udonis opened the door, and saw Cherithem standing outside dragging a burlap sack. "Good afternoon lord Cherithem, what brings you here this fine day?" Said Udonis Kepler joyfully. Udonis Kepler, was a short man, he was about 30 years old and had balding hair. Udonis was wearing a brown fur coat, with black boots.

Cherithem put on a fake smile, and dragged the sack into the doctor's house.

The house had marble flooring, and wooden walls, an odd design choice, but Udonis did not have the best fashion ideas.

"What's in the sack?"

Cherithem, slowly opened the bag, and began to drag out King Subway's body, bringing out only the head.

When Udonis saw it, he was shocked.

"While we were at the meeting, Da'nanuel gave King Subway a loaf of bread that ended up killing him. But we don't know if it was poisoned or if he simply choked on it, so I was wondering if you could open him up to see what the cause of death was"

Udonis began to sweat.

"I- I don't think I can do this... This is too much pressure"

"Udonis you have to, Da'nanuel is being hunted for this. It's split up the kingdoms! If you do this, we can finally get to the bottom of this and find out what actually happened"

Udonis nodded his head.

"Are King subway's people ok with me cutting him open?" Udonis said with worry.

Cherithem didn't respond.

"Look it doesn't matter, I'll handle all that later, just do this one thing for me and I'll take care of the rest"

Udonis nodded his head again, but he was visibly uncomfortable.

Udonis dragged the burlap sack, with Cherithem's help into a basement.

There was surgical equipment, and a medical bed, where the surgery would be done.

"You can wait upstairs... I'll let you know when I'm done"

Cherithem went back upstairs, and waited on a couch covered with leopards fur, nothing seemed to match at all in this house, Cherithem thought to herself.

After what seemed like an hour, told Cherithem he was finished.

Cherithem went into the basement, king subway's body was covered with white sheets.

"Was he poisoned, or did he choke on it?" Cherithem asked right away.

"He was.. He was..."

Cherithem waited with suspense.

"Poisoned with white bread"