xi. MARK'S SECRET

⋆ ˚ 。⋆ ✧ ⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼⎼ ✧ ⋆ 。˚ ⋆

CHAPTER ELEVEN: MARK'S SECRET

❛he's hiding something.❜

⋆ ✧ ⋆

Cristina Rosales remained behind, back pressed against the cold wall as she played with the locket that rested around her neck. She liked to think that she didn't waste her time, seated just outside Mark Blackthorn's bedroom, but all the things that one could witness proved otherwise.

The brunette girl's time passed achingly slow, the only source of entertainment being the view that she was allowed into the room of the Blackthorn boy. His doors were left ajar, but not much happened inside. Mark Blackthorn remained quiet, most of the time.

Truly, Cristina felt her curiosity raising. Back home, she had studied everything there was to know about faeries - from famous legends of Courts' soldiers to faeries' abilities.

"Cristina," it was Tiberius' voice which pulled the girl out of her daze. The boy, accompanied by his twin sister, carried a brown box filled with various items.

"My mother made this for Mark when he was left with us," Livvy explained. "I thought he might remember."

Ty spoke once again, eyes roaming around the hallway. "We couldn't get into the store room, so we brought Mark some gifts. So he'd know we want him here." The boy paused briefly, almost as if he was debating whether or not he should ask his question. "Can we go in?"

Cristina's head turned sideways, examining the silence that ruled over Mark's room. "I don't see why not," she spoke. "Just try to be quiet and not wake him."

Livvy was the one to break the ice, her brother following in step. He set the box down, allowing himself to gaze at his older brother. Gently, he outstretched his hand and took the quilt Livvy had brought, laying it on top of Mark.

The blonde Blackthorn boy's stiffened immediately, his bicolored orbs opening. Mark's hand flew up, grasping a hold of Ty's thin wrist, earning a surprised cry from the boy. Then, using the moment of surprise, Mark brought Ty to the ground.

Livvy couldn't help but scream at the scene that unfolded before her eyes, alerting Cristina and making her run into the room.

"Who are you?" Mark pressed his knees over Ty's frame, pinning him to the ground. "What were you doing?"

"I'm your brother! I'm Tiberius!" The black-haired boy gave his best attempt to escape his brother's grip, his headphones rolling further away. "I was giving you a blanket!"

"Liar!" Mark's voice was loud, frightened. "My brother Ty is a little boy! He's a child, my baby brother, my-"

"Let him go," Cristina's voice was firm as she pointed her seraph blade toward Mark. It glimmered a beautiful white, warning Mark not to make a move he would later come to regret. "If you hurt Tiberius, I'll kill you. I don't care if you're Mark, I'll kill you."