Chapter 3

The spring qualifiers came soon, sawamura was about to board the bus along with his fellow first years but a certain raven haired male caught his eye from the distance, he asked takashima-san to stay for a little bit while we went to grab furuya who was just exiting the restroom.

"What were you doing? You almost missed the bus!" sawamura exclaimed

Furuya who just stared at him simply replied "i went to the restroom"

The brunette just rolled his eyes and grabbed the taller male by his shirt and dragged him hurriedly to the bus, along the way they got acquainted, talking about pitches and their backgrounds. its a refreshing interaction for sawamura, finally! someone who doesn't treat him any different from a normal human being.

When they arrived at the stadium he couldn't help but take in the fresh air, the competitive and intense atmosphere surrounding the place was all so familiar to him.

He followed the group to the stands where they watched the first string team make it to the best 16, then the following week they determined the quarterfinalists, it was a game against Ichidaisan.

Sawamura pressed his lips into a thin line, a frown drawn in his face. Ichidaisan is where he went to right? Although when sawamura watched the game, he wasn't the starting pitcher, rather he didn't pitch at all.

The following game was with Inashiro, another powerhouse school especially when their pitcher was the best of the best.

From what he knows none of them realize sawamura was in Tokyo, by 'them' he meant the other national treasures. Oh how much he wishes it would stay like that, but he knows darn well that not all wishes come true.

Classes started not long after, sawamura tried as much as possible to keep a low profile but as usual words spread fast no matter where he goes.

He got bomboarded with people every chance they had, whether it be lunch time, in between classes when the teachers make a switch or even until class ends, there were doubts about him and there were some who were completely obsessed.

The only time he got time to himself is when he's in the changing room, which is ridiculous but hey what's new? they treat him like a stupid celebrity when honestly it's just a stupid title, there are even times he wished he could give it up or just quit altogether.

"Let's start with the common drills, i'll see your outfield plays, infield and batting. Pitchers and Catchers i'll be looking at your performances afterwards" Kataoka said to the lined up first years who replied with a series of 'yes!' and 'understood'

sawamura was fairly average on all aspects except pitching, his bunting is surprisingly good and his batting average is....not the worst.

And before they knew it the intra squad games are close and for the first time the first years actually feel confident about their line up, they have a national treasure with them after all, they said things along the lines of:

"Maybe we can even beat the seniors!"

"One point is all we need"

"This will be easy!!"

Oh how wrong they were, sawamura was put on the first string without even getting to play.

Of course sawamura himself didn't know about this either, he immediately obeyed the coach and sat through the game.

What's even more surprising is that furuya was also put on the first string after one pitch, yea it didn't look too good for them.

They lost two great pitchers on a matter of minutes and the score is 0-29 With the upperclassmen leading.