Chapter 13

"You look horrible" kuramochi said

Miyuki sighed "good morning to you too kuramochi" he answered

"just so you know sawamura and furuya are running around the field with tires, we should probably stop them in case they strain themselves and won't be able to play tomorrow" Chris said

He's acting normal at least, the unpleasant feeling in his guts is still there.

The second year catcher put on a smirk and called the two pitchers from their run, scolding them for pushing themselves and being overly excited over facing Yakushi.

It was to be expected that miyuki kept an eye on sawmaura all day for any signs of discomfort he might notice, everything was completely normal, the only thing that wasn't normal is him. Kuramochi even pointed it out that he was being creepy and distracted, he paid no mind though since his priority right now is sawamura's condition.

One might argue he's being overly protective of sawamura since he doesn't keep this much of an eye on Tanba and he's also injured, it bugged him that sawamura had this much impact on him

He stared at sawamura as the pitcher ate his dinner, exchanging words with haruichi time to time.

Sawamura knew miyuki was watching him all day, the catcher was not good at keeping it subtle, haruichi and furuya had also been telling him that miyuki had his eyes on him, asking if he pissed off the ctacher or something.

Honestly if he keeps it up thenthings might get messy between them.

The brunette usually didn't mind attention towards himself but it was different this time because it was miyuki, which was odd, why was it different when it's miyuki? something must be wrong with that four eyed catcher

He tried to play it cool for the entire day and it was extremely tiring, that bastard needs to calm down, his arm is completely fine, last night was probably just a one time thing.

But it was still extremely awkward!! Miyuki is staring at him while he ate, it didn't help that he was a table away facing him, he tried to make conversations with kanemaru or haruichi but it didn't help, he was still staring. It was embarassing, it got even weirder when they accidentally made eye contact and had to pretend like they didn't, the room got warmer for some reason as well.

It took all his mental strenght to face Sanada during their team lineup the following day, no words were spoken to each other, there was simply nothing to say.

Furuya is starting the game, as predicted Yakushi didn't start with Sanada clearly saving him in the late game.

The first inning alone they already took the lead by 2 points, and widened the score gap by another point in the second inning, masuko got a 2-run homerun followed by another homerun by furuya in the bottom of the second inning.

Surprisingly furuya was moved to the left field so soon, the coach told sawamura to go in the third inning.

Sawamura prepared himself, as he stood on the mound he noticed there were a lot of people in the stadium, word probably spread about his arrival to Tokyo now.

The brunette couldn't help the smile that crept us his face as he faced against Todoroki, he was oozing an intimidating aura that he could feel on his skin, it excites him to be able to face a batter like him. Yakushi's batters were still very confused on how his pitches work, that is to be expected for everyone who faces him for the first time.

In the fourth inning Sanada came out, he glared at Sawamura from the mound.

As expected Sanada is still amazing and extremely skilled, the mood of the other team changed as well when he stood on the mound, when he threw a cutter to miyuki he wasn't surprised, instead he just chuckled which earned him looks from his teammates.