Chapter 14

Sanada waited at at the exit of Inashiro's dugout, as expected they pulled off a flawless victory and made their way to the semi finals, which means there's only one game standing between Mei and Eijun facing each other.

He turned when he saw Mei and his team, the blonde pitcher waved at him and he waved back with a smile "been a while, mind if we talk?" sanada said

Mei nodded and told his team that he'll catch up with them soon, the two pitchers then made their way to a nearby vending machine, sanada bought him a drink and for himself as well.

"What brings you here Shun? are you here to praise me?" mei said

Sanada rolled his eyes "yeah yeah you did great" he said "but i also want to talk about eijun"

Suddenly the atmosphere between the two changed when narumiya fell silent, the smile on his face turned to a frown, he is clearly not interested in the topic of this conversation

"Don't tell me you haven't noticed" sanada said

The blonde raised an eyebrow "noticed what? if you're talking about him playing around with us, then yes i have noticed" he said

The taller male was confused "playing around?" he asked

Narumiya scoffed "he told me he'll prove himself, that he's serious about playing baseball with us again" he said "but in that last game, he pretty much gave up when he lost his rythym, do you really accept someone like that to be the same as us?"

Sanada pressed his lips together, narumiya got the wrong idea and as much as he wants to tell him the truth, he can't. Eijun wantsed to tell them himself, all he can do is nudge the others.

He sighed "so you haven't noticed." Sanada crossed his arms "at least listen to him mei, give him a chance to do so before he does something stupid" he said

Narumiya threw the bottle into the trashcan in a aggresive manner "i don't know what changed your mind about him all of a sudden Shun, but if you're on his side now then good luck" he said

Sanada sighed, he gave it a shot at least, he just truly hoped that eijun wouldn't do anything stupid.

"Sawamura, come with me" Miyuki said

Before the pitcher could answer he was already being dragged away by the catcher to the dugout, out of sight from the other players

The catcher turned to him with a serious expression "You're my one and only partner, i want to catch your pitches forever" he said

"What are you saying  miyuki?" sawamura said baffled

The catcher leaned in closer to him, the first year could see how pretty miyuki's eyes were behind those sport glasses "sawamura i-"

Sawamura gasped as he jolted awake, he noticed it was still dark out and guessed it's probably like 4AM or something.

He felt his hearty racing and his face was heating up, what kind of dream was that?? it felt too real!!

The brunette didn't go back to sleep, or more like he couldn't. When the sun came out he immediately changed into his practice attire and rushed to the fields where he ran laps, he ran so fast as if trying to run away from the dream he had. Sawamura found himself screaming as he ran trying to push the image into the back of his mind, as soon as he calmed down and was tired from all the running he did the pitcher smiled in relief, he felt better now!

"why are you so energetic so early?" miyuki stood infront of him

Sawamura froze, everything from his dream came rushing back in. He quickly fled from the scene leaving his tire and a confused miyuki, it didn't get better through out the day.

He avoided miyuki all day, hiding behind furuya or even sticking to haruichi or chris.

The situation was so horrible that sawamura resorted to hiding in the dugout for the entire afternoon of practice, doing the bare minimum to skate by so the coach wouldn't catch him doing nothing, he was proud of himself as he managed to get through the rest of the day without having to face miyuki, keyword: was.

That night as he was about to enter his room he felt himself being shoved forward, next he was tackled on to the floor by a certain shortstop locked in a submission move, he gulped when he saw almost everyone looking down on him with a scary look on their faces, not only that but he noticed miyuki at the side.

This time he had no escape, in a desperate attempt he banged his head on the floor to hide the embarrasment on his face.

"Alright you've been acting weird the entire day sawamura, you're not getting released until you explain" kuramochi said as he continued to wrestle sawamura on the floor

Sawamura is totally gonna get him back for this one day, what was he supposed to say? he just had a gay dream about his senior catcher??

Oh Dear...he's gay...

"i wanted to be alone?" sawamura said

ryousuke gave him a chop on the head "yeah no, wanna try again?" he said

Seriously what's with people in seidou getting into his business? it's comforting knowing he has reliable seniors and friends but sometimes it just goes way too far!

"kuramochi, ease up on him a bit" miyuki said, giving a knowing look to the first year pitcher who finally managed to get a breath

It took a lot of attempts, but eventually they decided it was getting late and gave up on the interrogation much to sawamura's relief, but he knew dang well it was far from over.

Note:

hello!! i'm gonna take another break for a week or more, just recovering from a hospital trip ;-; have a good day guys! i've been thinking about taking in story requests from everyone soon, just an idea though! or maybe a QnA? i wanna be able to ineract with you guys, summer has started for me and it's kinda lonely :v