Snap! Crackle! Pop!

A/N: Happy New Year! I'll update more on the coming days.
----

"What's for lunch then?"
Dahyun asked while smirking.

"Kidding! Relax, Y/N." Dahyun laughed.

It was a fun and easy breakfast. Some members joined us before my boss called me and work began.

The shoot went by pretty fast. The members looked like they had fun as well.

They were shooting solo scenes so some members had a lot of free time, one of them even texted me.

"Y/N!!"
The text read.

"Sorry who's this?" I replied. A picture was then sent, it was Sana and Momo, they looked cute.

"Where are you? It's so boring in our tent." They said.

"I'm monitoring the shoot. DubChaeng looks so cute" I replied.

"What about us? TT" they replied with a picture of them doing the TT.

"You're all cute." I replied. This went on for hours, to days. Getting to know the girls made the shoot bearable.  Because as much as I love TWICE, this is still a job to me.

Anyway, days have passed and no new encountered occurred.I guess a 3 day shoot was pretty tiring.

The shoot wrapped, and the girls went back to Seoul the same day. Me and my boss had to stay for another night because our flight is not until tomorrow noon. I went back to my hotel room. It was awfully quiet. No giggling in the other rooms, no cute -- or dirty text messages from the girls, I kind of miss it. It got me thinking if this was it, after all I'm just a copywriter and they are this global phenomenon.

I went on with my night, I took a shower, ate my dinner, and watched TV.  I was on my way to a deep sleep when my phone buzzed.

"Hi, Y/N! We're home!" Sana texted with a picture of her Momo and Mina. I guess they're sleeping together tonight.

"When's your flight?"
She asked.

"Tomorrow noon."
I replied

"Aww, Momo and I are missing you."

"I miss you guys too."

"Will we see you again? Please let's see each other again."

"We made a deal, remember? Unless you were not serious about it."

"Oh, we are."
Sana said.

"It's getting pretty late, you should rest Y/N." She said.

"Okay, you too!"

"Goodnight, Y/N! Mwaa"
Sana replied with a video message of her blowing a kiss. Damn she's too cute.

I went to bed and morning came pretty quick. I did some work in the airport while waiting for our plane. My boss luckily said I could take the day off so I could head straight home right after.

The plane took off, and it was smooth and easy ride home.

Once I got to the apartment I received another text from Jihyo.

"Hey, Y/N. Did you get home already? I'm sorry if this might be a hassle, but can you meet us at the JYPE building? We have something to discuss with you." It read.

"I just got home. Is it really that important? I would want to rest."

"It's pretty big, Y/N."

"Okay then." I
took a shower, wore presentable clothes and headed to the building. The 9 girls met me at the lobby.

"Hey what's up?" I asked as each of them looked at me smiling.

"Come with us quickly, we have an urgent meeting set up for you and JYP." Jeongyeon said as she took my hand and walked towards the elevator.

"JYP? As in your boss, Park Jinyoung?"
I asked as we rode the elevator.

"Yeah."
Jihyo replied. As soon as the elevators door opened, the girls dragged me towards JYP's office.

"PD-nim, this is Y/N. The one we told you about from the advertising agency." Dahyun said.

"Ah, hello Y/N. I'm Park Jinyoung." JYP said as he reached out for a handshake.

"Hello, sir." I said.

"So, let's cut to why, I asked for this meeting..." He said and I was pretty worried the girls would snitch on the night (and day) we spent together.

"I've heard about the ad you were making for the soda brand and TWICE, the girls were pretty excited about it. It was very different than the usual storyboards we get for them, they said."
He said with that signature JYP smile.

"Thank you sir." I said.

"I looked in about you, you're an award winning creative. Your resume is very impressive, you're a winner of the Young Lions competition in Cannes. Your ads are both effective and creative. it's very impressive indeed. So I got curious..." He paused for a drink

"I even saw the board for myself, and I've got to say... you and your agency did a good work. With that being said I --" He continued before being interrupted.

"Can we be the one to tell him, PD-nim?" Dahyun asked.

JYP laughed and nodded.

"We want you and your agency to be the official agency partner of JYPE more specifically; TWICE, for all their upcoming promotions, concerts, and merch!"  Jihyo said as she smiled at me. I didn't know what to say.

"Uhm...thank you! That will mean a lot to our agency."  I said.

"But here's the catch, we will only work with your agency if you'll be the one to take the lead in all things TWICE." JYP said.

"I-"

"It's no disrespect to your superiors or anything, it's just that I really want the best for the 9 girls. I want them to be known outside Korea. And I don't want to put their branding on someone who knows the market but doesn't know TWICE all that much."
He added.

I honestly didn't know what to feel. I'm flattered but at the same time I couldn't ask my managers for a raise.

"Well sir, I appreciate it. But I don't think I'll be able to ask my creative director let alone our CEO to allow me to have my own team for this project."
I answered.

"Ha, I knew you'd say that. That's why we had a plan B." Jeongyeon said.

"Come work for JYPE." Mina said.

"What? I don't know I mean, I love my job. I love advertising and I don't want to work as someone from marketing. No offense." I said.

"You won't work for marketing. I'll hire you as a creative director and you get to choose your team. It will be an in-house ad agency. Your clients will be all of our artists, their merch, and you'll be in charge of the branding. You'll be a separate entity from our marketing team. How about that, Y/N?" JYP said.

Damn. That offer is too good. But I doubt that I could handle that pressure. I've always dreamed of becoming a creative director, but I didn't know it would be this fast.

"Sir I don't know what to say..."

"Say yes, Y/N..."
Sana said.

"Well, Y/N?" JYP asked. All of them were looking at me as the room was filled with anxiety.

"Uhm..."

"Hey Y/N-ah, don't think about it TWICE."
Jeongyeon said while proudly laughing at her own joke.

"Yes, I'll take it." I finally managed.

The rest of the girls cheered as JYP offered me a handshake. I was feeling cloud nine. I get to still do the things I love with the girl group I love.

"You won't regret this, Y/N. Will process your paper work, and give it to you by tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll be compensated well." JYP said. The meeting ended, the girls escorted me down to the lobby.

"I guess we'll be seeing more of Y/N now. Daebak." Dahyun said.

"I don't know, I'm kinda starting to regret this." I jokingly said. Their face turned from happy to worried.

"Why what's wrong Y/N?" Nayeon asked.

"You'll be my clients, and I'm kinda your boss now...I get to decide what you'll wear, what your branding will be..." I said jokingly.

"Are you really our boss, though...sir?" Sana said with a dirty smirk on her face.

"Yaah, stop it we're outside." Jihyo said. I was about to leave with ITZY walked in the room.

"Unnies! Annyeong!"
Yuna said.

"Hello, oh by the way, this is Y/N. He's the newly appointed creative director of our new department...you'll be seeing a lot more of him." Jihyo said.

"Oh hello, Y/N-ssi. Please take care of us." the girls bowed. They waved good bye quickly though, as they were about to practice. I said goodbye to TWICE right after and went home.

 I called my superiors and broke the news. Our discussion was quite pleasant. They accepted my resignation and told me how they'll truly saddened by the news but happy for me at the same time. They gave me a 30 day window to turnover everything, fix my work visa because I'm a foreigner after all. I thanked my lucky stars that they took the news well. Today was a good day.

30 days went by quickly, I fixed my visa, I had everything OK'd. I had some stories in between, but I'll save those for another day.

The good news is, It's finally my first day as the Creative Director for JYPE's in house agency. I hired my partner art director as my Associate Creative Director plus a few fresh graduates as a junior copywriters and art directors. They also transferred some people from marketing to be our client servicing director, and strategic planner.

My agency is finally complete and I'm at the helm. It's a frightening yet happy feeling. I couldn't wait for what's to come, and boy was it truly mind blowing.